Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2017, 17:40   #76
TWB

Boat: 2018 Dufour 460 Grand Large
Re: Choosing between Beneteau and Dufour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguini View Post
Confirm!

And, the major failure rate on delivery (in 2016-2017) was > 70%

Major failure means, wrong rigg mounted (38 foot rigg on 42 foot boat), tubes for outlets not mounted :-) and other major failures you won´t expect

Don´t ask for the after sales. That does not exist from a vendors side and the distributors are overwhelmed (commercial and timely).
I call Bull. No one out side of the Dufour warranty department would have that sort of information. Since your profile says you live in Germany, that would rule you out. So do you work for a competitor and are spreading disinformation, or do you live in your parents basement and just make things up?

I just ordered my second Dufour 460 at the boat show">Annapolis boat show. Irma having put the first one ashore. I didn't have any major problem with the first one. If I had, I wouldn't have ordered the second. In fact I went to the show determined to have an open mind and look at everything. I spent three days and did not find any thing that fit me better or that I liked better.

As far as the poster that complained about the interior and the horizontal orientation of the wood, I have no problem. That's a matter of taste. Everyone deserves to like what they like. I liked the fact that they still use real wood not laminate, vinyl or fabric on the bulkheads. That doesn't mean I think it is the choice anyone else should make. It was just right for me.
TWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 10:42   #77

Boat: 39 Feet French!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_V_B View Post
Where is it stated that wood grain cannot be orientated sideways? I find the interiors in the new Dufour Performance series quite nice...

I think that would be mostly the fault of whoever takes care of the final prep and splash. The rig isn't put on the boat at the factory...
sure, but delivered by the factory. Who messures a mast before rigging?
Linguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 17:13   #78

Re: Choosing between beneteau and dufour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie View Post
Beneteau always bolted its hull-deck joint until recently. So this remarks pertains only to new or recents Beneteau, when competition forced in my opinion to save. By the way, it is not the only place where labor savings have been made. Just to remind that the structural grid is also glued to the bottom of the hull. Any serious grounding creates structural havoc difficult to fix, to say the list. And sometimes it goes unoticed for long time until de boat his serious offshore gale, and then...

Does anyone know for certain how various high volume brands handle the hull/deck joint?

This document seems to claim that bene's use bolts - but it may be old by the look of it (link says 2014):
http://www.murrayyachtsales.com/wp-c...etter-Boat.pdf
If Bene switched to screws recently, when was this?

Dufour's blog does say they use screws (not bolts) for the joint.
https://dufouryachtsblog.com/2015/03...inal-assembly/

Does someone have info on Hanse Bavaria Jenneau, others?
surf_sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 08:31   #79

Boat: 39 Feet French!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWB View Post
I call Bull. No one out side of the Dufour warranty department would have that sort of information. Since your profile says you live in Germany, that would rule you out. So do you work for a competitor and are spreading disinformation, or do you live in your parents basement and just make things up?

I just ordered my second Dufour 460 at the Annapolis boat show. Irma having put the first one ashore. I didn't have any major problem with the first one. If I had, I wouldn't have ordered the second. In fact I went to the show determined to have an open mind and look at everything. I spent three days and did not find any thing that fit me better or that I liked better.

As far as the poster that complained about the interior and the horizontal orientation of the wood, I have no problem. That's a matter of taste. Everyone deserves to like what they like. I liked the fact that they still use real wood not laminate, vinyl or fabric on the bulkheads. That doesn't mean I think it is the choice anyone else should make. It was just right for me.
neither nor! Why do you offend me? You should be happy with your vessel if it is like you say. Be happy!
Linguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 09:14   #80
TWB

Boat: 2018 Dufour 460 Grand Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguini View Post
neither nor! Why do you offend me? You should be happy with your vessel if it is like you say. Be happy!

Yes after I posted, I decided that I had been too snarky. I apologize for that. My problem with your post was your assertion of a >70% rate of major problems.
TWB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, Dufour, dufour