Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2020, 15:08   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
Food Delivery - Provisioning in Nassau

Hi all, I'm looking for a website where I can make our selections for provisioning online and have the food items delivered to us at the marina in Nassau before we sail. I've found a handful of websites, but most have an incredibly limited selection. It hardly seems possible that there isn't something out there that has a more comprehensive selection of food items. I'm not looking for anything over-the-top. I'm talking things like frozen carrots, fresh onions, frozen cubed potatoes. We are chartering a boat, so we can't bring all this with us (we live in a small town and it will take us 24 hours from start to finish before we even get to Nassau, so bringing perishables, like chicken and beef, with us is also not do-able). Stocking up once we get there is our only option, and I was hoping to have it all taken care of in advance (I'd prefer to get everything at one time, from one store or service). We will also need to order alchohol, so not sure if that might be the one thing where we would want to use a different service to help keep costs down a bit.

Thanks in advance for your help. If you can provide links to any sites that would be greatly appreciated.
BahamaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 15:52   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Re: Food Delivery - Provisioning in Nassau

Best option is to take a cab to the market and buy it yourself. Stuff comes and goes quickly at the markets in Nassau, especially any fresh produce so online offerings are very, very limited.

Several within a mile or less of the marinas downtown. Do keep your eyes open when you're away from the main streets.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery, food, nassau, provisioning