Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2018, 07:16   #1

Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'
Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Hello there I need a crew to travel from Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil on 57' Bruce Roberts the route will be Jacksonville, FL Bermuda, Acores, PT Cabo Verde then North of Brazil.
I try to start in the end of March if the weather opens
the crew must help on the cost of food if you need visa to Brasil I can help you let's go on this adventure
Terry 346-617-0702
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 21:06   #2

Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

I'm trying to parse this but am really new so am missing something. Florida to Portugal to North Brazil (is there one besides South America?) beginning in March? This looks like a major undertaking. Do you have a projection for how long this might run? I'm really new but have time, can afford my own expenses, and may be game to try this as my first Big Trip on a sailboat.
PvilleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:45   #3

Hi Terry
Sounds like an amazing trip! When are you planning to sail back? I'm looking for a ride from Brazil to Europe or North America.
fi_vilhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 17:46   #4

Boat: 2003 PDQ 36 Capella

Acores?? Did you mean Azores?? What is PT Cabo Verde? Am I missing something, it seems You’re going to practically cross the Atlantic to get to North Brazil?
sjm823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 18:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm823 View Post
Acores?? Did you mean Azores?? What is PT Cabo Verde? Am I missing something, it seems You’re going to practically cross the Atlantic to get to North Brazil?
Tis the way the wind blows.
Uricanejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:56   #6

Boat: Valiant 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm823 View Post

He is because it’s much easier that trying to get east in the equatorial zone. It’s a standard strategy. Sail east up north where it’s easy, go south, then ride the trades to Brazil. Cabo Verde are the islands SW of the Canaries along the trade route. They are where the butter melts and you head west.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:26   #7

Am very interested to take part on this journey.
I am an italianpensioner, with great taste of the sea and much time available, am in excellent health. Spent most of my life Among the ships having had a business selling and repairing electrical apparatus on board. My duties on board could be: 1st mate or cook. Languages: Italian German English and a little bit of Portuguese.Have no problems about time or distance.I participated in fishing research in canada europe and Indian Ocean with innovative systems.Have a driver's license without limits for sail and motor. log trip experience with motor boat, not much with sailboat, last sail trip from Venezuela to Panama. From Rotterdam to London, Casablanca, Canaries Caribian islands, Cuba Florida with motorboat and Adriatic sea. Have the US visa DS 160. Offer my experience, rgds Ivo
subivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:37   #8

Boat: Bavaria 37c 2006 model

Hi
We totally understand the logic of the routing.
Sounds like an interesting trip. Is there spaces still available as my wife and I would love to join you.
We are currently live aboard sailors on our boat in the Med. We are particularly keen to gain blue water experience as we have more offshore than blue water experience at the moment.
Have you planned a stop in the Canary Islands as ideally this is a good drop off point for us, and a very good provisioning stop for you as Cape Verde has restricted provisioning available.
If so we would be really interested to discuss it more.
Please feel free to PM.
Cheers
Simon
wanabe cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:09   #9
CLOD

Boat: none

You would think people would be interested in more details of the boat. A "Bruce Roberts" boat can mean anything and all you know is the designer.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:29   #10
cruiser

A little bit about Cape Verde: this is African country, 99% are mulattos and blacks. 44% are poverties. Better, welcome to Canaries Islands, offshore of Spain.
Malfoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:56   #11
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atravan View Post
A little bit about Cape Verde: this is African country, 99% are mulattos and blacks. 44% are poverties. Better, welcome to Canaries Islands, offshore of Spain.
He is heading to Brazil so Cabo Verde is a much better jump off point for crossing the equator.. mind from the Azores I would ride the current down to the Canaries to resupply before continuing to the Verdes.. some basic info..

Since the early 1990s, Cape Verde has been a stable representative democracy, and remains one of the most developed and democratic countries in Africa. Lacking natural resources, its developing economy is mostly service-oriented, with a growing focus on tourism and foreign investment. Its population of around 540,000 is mostly of mixed European, Moorish, Arab and African heritage, and predominantly Roman Catholic, reflecting the legacy of Portuguese rule. A sizeable diaspora community exists across the world, slightly outnumbering inhabitants on the islands.

The voice of Cabo Verde...
https://youtu.be/dNVrdYGiULM

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:24   #12
cruiser

A little bit about Cape Verde: this is African country, 99% are mulattos and blacks. 44% are poverties. Better, welcome to Canary Islands, offshore of Spain. And all that you told already not important, because just not important. Also here cruising forum, but not forum for advertising of Cape Verde. Need remember this.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:43   #13

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
A little bit about Cape Verde: this is African country, 99% are mulattos and blacks. 44% are poverties. Better, welcome to Canary Islands, offshore of Spain. And all that you told already not important, because just not important. Also here cruising forum, but not forum for advertising of Cape Verde. Need remember this.
I'm not sure I get your point. What's wrong with mulatos and black people?....

The OP is going to Brazil, so he'll encounter a few there as well...
Copacabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:52   #14
cruiser

And Dear Sir, this is not a forum about Raсial Discrimination. Please, remember this also. I just provided 100 % right information about this country without any racial overtones.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:58   #15
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
But seems okay for you to advertise the Canary Islands..
Gibraltar Rocks..
What's up bud.. can't take the competition out there.???

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, Brazil, jacksonville