Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2020, 02:15   #1

Boat: 1977 Irwin 52
Need a ride to Europe?

We are an American family currently stuck in Europe. Our completely refit Irwin 52’ Ketch rig is coming out of the yard in a month or so, says the yard manager.

All mechanical systems are brand new, not refurbished, actually new- all pumps, steering system, rigging (includes bobstay, chain plates, and mast step), new Yanmar motor and Northern Lights generator. New port lights and windows. New plumbing for fresh and black water, all water and fuel tanks treated and cleaned. New Auto pilot, gps, depth sounder. New exhaust and raw water intakes for all systems. All new thru hulls.

I’m looking for a European based crew to deliver the boat from St. Petersburg, FL to somewhere in the Med.

We were planning on being there to take delivery, but it looks like getting home will be disrupted for a while. Not risking quarantine with 3 small kids.

Thanks in advance.
keaislandsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 12:16   #2

Re: Need a ride to Europe?

I now have good feedback via pm's from members. Below are the crews I need:

1. Shakedown: under-warranty-break-something cruise in Tampa Bay. Warranty period is 30 days. Probably ready mid to late April. There should be several of these.

2. Delivery from St. Petersburg, FL (home port) to someplace between Ft. Lauderdale and Antigua.

3. Transatlantic from home port or Carib to someplace non quarantined in the Med.

4. All details/payments to be worked out based on current events at expected departure times.
Old 30-04-2020, 10:48   #3

Greetings,
We are a husband and wife team with open ocean sailing experience seeking crew position for transatlantic crossing from East Coast USA to Europe preferably France. Departure June/July
Teryl and Claudia
Teryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:28   #4

Boat: TARTAN 34

5/2

Hello,

I am interested in helping you with several aspects of your crew request.

1. I am in the final stages of getting my USCG Captains license and need some recent days at sea, I would be interested in doing the shakedown cruise portion of your request in and around Tampa/St Petersburg. I am familiar with those waters having owned a boat out of Naples, FL.

2. I would be interested in the second leg of your crew request in position the boat in Antiqua or USVI's?

Thanks

Dan
Danlong99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:26   #5

For American citizens do not recommend to visit Europe. Before visiting will connect with your Embassy in destination country. But if they will recommend you even. Better trip in USA and US territories.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:36   #6

Thanks for the responses. We are still figuring out our travel plans, everything is changing pretty quickly.

Yes, we are an American and European family, so all set with residency in the EU and USA.

Thank you for your replies, I am writing the contacts down in my notebook, for when we have a clearer plan.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:59   #7

In such a situation, it is most important that the European and American authorities (both) agree to your residence in the EU and US. Make sure that the authorities (both) are aware of this and agree to it and have determined how you will live there and there.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:14   #8

The 'authorities' do not have to agree on how or where you live.

It is simple, if you have a residency permit in a particular EU country or the USA, or any other country for that matter, the border patrol will admit you. That is your right as a citizen or legal resident.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:48   #9

That was so before.
Already for a long time, in particular, the European authorities strongly disagree with this. And, they will certainly have an illegal effect against you. If you live in the EU, you can see this constantly and every day for a long time. I gave you just information, no reply more.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:34   #10

I don’t think you have any idea what you are talking about. So please do not muddy the waters with conjecture. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:39   #11

I glad that you told me Thanks. Thanks and you.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:51   #12
Voh

Hey Keaislandsailor.
I am an able bodied 27 year old from Colorado looking for a new adventure over a vacant summer. My most prevalent sailing experience was in island hopping around the Bahamas in 'Captain Steve's' Schooner, and sailing a makeshift house boat through Fiji. I have published several sci-fi short stories (including illustrations), travel/adventure material, and technical papers, so if you are looking to chronicle your explorations I could certainly help. I also enjoy fishing, dirt bag and competitive climbing, and exploring wherever I get the chance. Though I reside in Colorado I am able to pick up and meet you wherever you are docked within two weeks time.
I have a reference of ability and general personality in my uncle Barry Karr who owns a Catana catamaran and often enjoys sailing across the Atlantic.

Please email or message me for more information.
-Dan Peacock
peacock.dan91@gmail.com
Voh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 13:55   #13

Hello,

I am a 35 year old male. I am new to sailing but I've sailed before with small craft. I am a teacher finished now for the summer and I want to go to Europe by boat. I am able-bodied and I have experience with the water as a commercial diver. I can meet anywhere to cross. I can provide personal and professional references. Please email at mr.mnbo@gmail.com

Matthew Boyce
rederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 17:25   #14

Hi!

My name is Silvio, 27 y.o., Italian citizen. I'm currently living in California but I'm planning to go back to Europe sometime this summer and I'd love to do so by sailboat. I am pretty new to sailing but I'm a quick learner, a good cook, a tidy guy, and a good mechanic and carpenter. There would be no problem for me to come to FL. Crossing the Atlantic ocean to go back to Europe is a long time dream and I couldn't think about a better moment to do so. I would love to have a chat and talk about logistics.

Silvio - 6286280027 silvio.defant@gmail.com
vagator93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Europe, rope