Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2020, 13:44   #16

Boat: Dickerson 37AC
Re: 1986 Dickerson 37 AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Nice job with the extra info!! cheers!

Forgot to ask, I assume the hull and decks have no soft spots or blisters on hull? thank you

No blisters, no soft spots.

sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 16:00   #17

Thank you for confirming.. cheers!!

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 17:41   #18

Extensive walk thru tour in 4K of almost everything, should answer most questions about condition and equipment. Might take awhile for YouTube to get HD video up and running.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:35   #19

That's a GREAT video!! Thanks for taking the to film, edit and upload it. It is greatly appreciated!! Yah, I asked about the stanchions as I've seen several boats where the bedding was very soft and moved like crazy.. Even tightly screwed into the base bracket.. Thanks for showing that... It may have been asked, but why are you selling her? Thanks again for your time and help!! cheers!!!
Old 05-08-2020, 12:44   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
That's a GREAT video!! Thanks for taking the to film, edit and upload it. It is greatly appreciated!! Yah, I asked about the stanchions as I've seen several boats where the bedding was very soft and moved like crazy.. Even tightly screwed into the base bracket.. Thanks for showing that... It may have been asked, but why are you selling her? Thanks again for your time and help!! cheers!!!
Thx. Basically we haven't been sailing her. My kids are 9 & 11 and are heavy into sports and more interested in tubing and fishing. Weekends are short. I started my own company 2.5 years ago and that doesn't allow me to take weeks off at a time.

We barely sailed it last year other than a 250 mile race/trip to Maine and back that I did solo last year. Maybe 10 day sails in 2019. 2020 has seen about 5 day sails so far.

All my friends have center consoles and in order to participate in those activities with our kids we needed a boat. I bought a 17' Whaler this summer and totally refitted it including a new outboard. I have spent more time on the water on that Whaler than I have in 2 years on Siena.

I do truly love Siena and have poured my heart, soul and a ton of cash into getting it just the way I want it. Only to find that my family is just not that into going 6 knots. This year there was no Figawi and not sure about 2021. Without that anchor trip to get me motivated in May, I just can't justify the effort to get her ready.

And it's a shame honestly. It's a great boat and it deserves a better steward than I can be. Had a hard time accepting that but that's my honest answer.
Old 05-08-2020, 13:02   #21

That's a great answer and thank you.. I can fully understand your current situation as most of my friends and family are in the exact same scenario.. Chat soon.. cheers!!