Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-07-2018, 13:43   #1

Chef - Photographer - North America to South Pacific

Hello there,

I'm Mauro Scattolini, 28 years old Italian photographer. I'm currently living in Montreal and I'll probably be staying here until next January. Before being a photographer I've studied psychology and cultural anthropology, and since than I've always thought about experiencing and understanding cultures, not trough a book, but in first person. After years of thinking and postponing, I'm finally planning a journey around the world.
This lead to the first and probably hardest part of the whole project: from Canada, sail south and reach French Polynesia - Cook Island - Tasmania.

So I'm looking (between December/January) for someone that from North America (can leave from both Canada or USA) is going to sail to the South Pacific possibly reach French Polynesia or Cook Island or New Zealand. In exchange of the opportunity I'm willing to work on the ship as a chef (from 2009 and 2011 I've worked as chef in different high end Italian restaurant), or any other needed role (once the journey will end, I'll also send you a photo book) Even thou I've been on a boat in the past, I can't really say that I'm experienced, but I'm willing to learn.

Personality wise, I'm a pretty open minded, easy going and I like to adapt to any kind of context or situation. I love talking, listening to stories, challenges, reading and most of all learn. I have a pretty minimal life style and I'll be traveling very light (few clothes, a tent, sleeping bag and few cameras). Diet wise, I can eat everything and cook everything, especially fish.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and hopefully find the boat that will give the start to an awesome adventure and experience.

Cheers!
Mauro
MauroScattolini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chef, photo, south pacific