Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2017, 06:31   #16

Re: Catalac 10m for Sale - Med/Spain

I'm sure it's in your link, but where is the boat now, and what is the asking price?

Do you have a survey you will share? Thanks.
dano098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 07:00   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano098 View Post
I'm sure it's in your link, but where is the boat now, and what is the asking price?

Do you have a survey you will share? Thanks.
The boat is halfway between Barcelona and Valencia.

We'll call the asking price $35,000USD (minus slip fee of $3200) but we are open to offers. If the offer it too low, we will let you know.

Unfortunately, I don't have a survey. I can't find the original from a few years ago and I think the surveyor is retired or out of business as his email & phone calls go unanswered.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 17:06   #18

Boat: Nor'sea 27, BCC 28

Hi Valhalla III,
I am looking at buying a boat in Europe and the Catalac or Heavenly Twins are top of my list.
I am limited by slow internet working on Midway Island in the Pacific for a seasonal job. I work here for 6 months, then off for 6 months. I am due to work until Jan 2018. I then plan to tour/sail Europe and the Med for the next few years until I completely retire.

If you have patience with me as a overseas buyer, I would love to work with you.
If you can let me know if the boat is registered (flagged) in a EU country, is the VAT paid? Are you working with a broker? I am new to buying a boat overseas.
The Catalac boats have a excellent reputation for sturdiness and reliability.
Thank you for your reply!
Mike L.
Zugbug99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 04:11   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugbug99 View Post
Hi Valhalla III,
I am looking at buying a boat in Europe and the Catalac or Heavenly Twins are top of my list.
I am limited by slow internet working on Midway Island in the Pacific for a seasonal job. I work here for 6 months, then off for 6 months. I am due to work until Jan 2018. I then plan to tour/sail Europe and the Med for the next few years until I completely retire.

If you have patience with me as a overseas buyer, I would love to work with you.
If you can let me know if the boat is registered (flagged) in a EU country, is the VAT paid? Are you working with a broker? I am new to buying a boat overseas.
The Catalac boats have a excellent reputation for sturdiness and reliability.
Thank you for your reply!
Mike L.
If we still have the boat, we are certainly willing to work with you but it's first come first serve.

The boat was originally purchased from a UK gentleman but we converted it to USCG Documented. I have a letter from the original owner to the UK gentleman indicating it is VAT paid but no formal documentation.
Old 29-08-2017, 13:56   #20

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Your Catalac 10m looks like a tremendous live aboard ready to go.
I am a newbie to sailing in Europe. If it is USCG documented, do you have it registered in Michigan?

My understanding in working with a British broker for a Heavenly Twins 27 is if taken out of the EU for more than 3 years, and without the original VAT tax statement from a EU country, I understand VAT will again be collected if:

you are in the EU for more than 18 months, even if registered outside the EU.
A sale occurs in the EU and it is again registered in the EU.
Vat being 20% of the sale price. The tax department always wants their share!

Do you have plans to put her in storage, or on a mooring? I am not sure what it would take to transfer title and pay for mooring/storage to a new owner, me being overseas.

Currently I am a Arizona resident. It is very simple to transfer title on a boat, a simple bill of sale is all that is needed. Arizona does not title boats, only trailers.
I am not certain if Michigan or the state she is currently registered in provides a title.

It would certainly be best if I was free now, and could fly over and purchase where she sits.

Did you sail her from the UK back to Michigan, and then back to Europe, or was she placed on a ship for transport. I understand transport costs can be 10-15 thousand.

Again thanks for your quick reply. She looks like a tremendous boat. The Catalac's have a amazing reputation.
Old 29-08-2017, 14:06   #21

The boat hasn't left the EU. I purchased in Spain from a UK citizen, so the VAT status is unaffected by the sale.

The 18 month limit (for VAT exemption) is extended if the boat is sealed while gone. Our reason for selling is we haven't been able to use it as much as we planned. The 18 months can be reset by leaving the EU for a day (say a weekend in Morocco).

As a USCG documented boat, there is no need for state registration. A simple bill of sale and signing off on the back of the USCG documentation form is all that needed to transfer to another US citizen (you do have to submit the transfer to the USCG to put in your name).

As stated before, when you free up, check back and if still available, we can see if we can work out a deal.
Old 29-08-2017, 17:13   #22

Thank you for your great information. USCG registration makes it uber easy to transfer ownership.

I will keep looking to see if the boat is for sale when I am free in January 2018.
It is a great looking boat with a strong pedigree!

I am surprised it is still for sale.

Best wishes and fair winds!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:42   #23

We are close to Valencia sailing to Malaga and would like to see your boat if possible. Very interested in Catalc. Please let me know on daydream0019@gmail.com
Regards
Greg
Greg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 01:26   #24

Lowering the price to 30,000.
Old 23-09-2017, 02:37   #25

HI MIKE. I WRITE YOU FROM SPAIN AND I'M VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR BOAT. WE CAN TALK BY MAIL: jjcandan@jjcandan.com
JJSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 19:43   #26

Hi Mike,
I saw your recent price reduction. Can you PM me about purchase details?

Sorry I cannot PM you, I am a newbie and not yet trusted to send a PM off the post.

You have a lot of boat for the asking price!

I am the guy stuck on Midway Island. I am looking for a live aboard for 4-5 months of the year, and would love to have a boat already in Europe/Med. Recent divorce, looking for new directions in life.

Thank you!
Michael Langley
zugbug99@icloud.com
Midway Island until Feb 2018
Old 05-10-2017, 04:11   #27

Hello Valhalla,

What are the current status for Valhalla III ?
Is she still for sale, still at the spanish location and still for the latest asked price ?

I am ready for a quick reaction, and do have cash ready if everything fits.
Look forward to your reaction.
Carl
Copenhagen
carlherforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:31   #28

Hi Valhalla,
I live in France and I am looking for a catalac, with quite an urgency. Is Valhalla still available ?
If so, where is she lying now ?
Is it possible to arrange a visite with someone and to get more pictures ?

Waiting for your answer
Best regards,
Thaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:30   #29

Can we expect any answer from you? We are sitting on your boat almost a week waiting for the agreement.
Gregory
Greg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 00:21   #30

Thank you everyone for the recent interest.

We currently have an offer on the table. Assuming we can sort out the payment details, we are planning to accept it.

If something falls through, we'll post if it's back on the market.

Tags
catalac, for sale, sale, Spain