Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2019, 10:19   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 43 DS
CruiseROWater to the rescue

Well, I was one of those gullible folks who last spring at the boat show">Annapolis boat show who bought from ColdEh. The unit I purchased worked, but at a significant cost in electricity. John of ColdEd could only tell me I needed more insulation. Finally I gave up and reached out to others.

Charlie and Rick of CruiseROWater answered my email and eventually started texting me with solutions. They did everything they could to get my new/old unit to work - even helping with adding a 3/8" line where ColdEd had a 1/4" line and building a new cooling plate. It eventually worked with their relentless and expert help but the old combo unit still consumed too much electricity.

Finally this summer I reached out to Rich and Charlie to purchase one of the CoolBlue units. At first Rich still wanted to continue to pursue other ways to make what I had work. His focus was to make me whole versus just selling me a new unit. I said there is nothing more to be done and purchased their unit.

It works GREAT! My spillover unit is over 9 cubic feet and keeps ice cream frozen and nothing frozen in the refrigerator. It makes ice in record time as well. All this for less than 4 amps per hour in my last overnight.

My only regret is that I didn't purchase the CoolBlue unit first. Not only is it a great unit but the support from Charlie and Rich is out of this world. You won't find a better team. Stop by their booth in Annapolis, you won't regret the time you spend with them.
MickMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:39   #2
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF
Re: CruiseROWater to the rescue

Wow, very rare to get a direct comparison like that, hope you're being fair to John @ColdEh.

Both are TXV, correct?

I didn't know ColdEh does eutectic systems, or did yours start out using evaporators?

CruiseRO only does holding plates, is that right?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:56   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 43 DS
Re: CruiseROWater to the rescue

I am being more than fair. I worked with ColdEh for 3 months to get it to work. I spent over $200 to return the compressor unit to be repaired after just 1 week. I spent countless hours and days monitoring temperatures and power consumption. Both have TXV values. Everything has been replaced with CruiseROWater technology. My plate is not a typical CoolBlue unit but something that they built to try and make the ColdEh compressor work but in the end, that unit was inherently flawed. I know there are others out there that have had similar challenges with their units. Hopefully they will call Rich.
MickMeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, rescue, water