Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2019, 10:41   #1

Boat: 1987 Sabre 42 C/B
Dream Yacht Charters-Puerto Rico experience

I am writing a quick post to say thanks to Dream Yacht Charters. We chartered a catamaran out of their base in Puerto Rico in June of this year. The base manager was relatively new to this location as was the boat. The boat was transferred from a BVI base to this location. Our experience with the DYC staff and the marina staff was great. Everyone was helpful and accommodating. The marina was very nice with mostly private boats.

Our experience with the boat was not as great. The boat itself was fine and worked well. The systems we had some issues with. We had air conditioner issues, generator issues, water lift pump issues, and water maker issues. Won't go into details as they aren't important.

All of this to say I am happy with the way DYC handled to situation and feel they made us whole in the end. The charter contract states DYC will allow up to a $600 refund for problems with the boat. Our situation was larger than that and DYC recognized that and responded appropriately. From my experience I can recommend DYC and will use them again.

Thanks
Foster Lee
flee27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, enc, Puerto Rico, yacht