Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2020, 14:14   #1

Crew required for short southern English boat move

Hi,

I need a crew member to assist me in moving my Leisure 23' sail boat from Brighton Marina to Chatham.

I will provide all meals (we'd be port-hopping, so mostly in restaurants) and everything else you require, including transport to and from your home (not too far I hope, preferably southern England!).

This would be from Tuesday 16th this month (March '20) to Thursday or Friday as I see we may have a break in the weather and favourable winds.

The boat is in excellent condition as I had work done on her by West Marine whilst she was at Brighton (lift out, inspection, high pressure wash, antifouled, etc.) She is well equiped with Garmin GPS chart plotter and full paper charts for the trip. Serviced lifejackets, new flares and DSC VHF. 5 berths in 2 cabins but not much privacy yet as I have internal work to do. Manual Jabsco sea toilet, 2 burner stove with grill, 12v coolbox.

I would like someone with at least Competent Crew or Day Skipper (I have the latter, theory and practical).

I know it's short notice but it could be a bit of a laugh, especially for a couple of blokes.

Look forward to hearing from someone.

All the best.

Paul Ryles
07761 984067
Old 12-03-2020, 05:14   #2

Re: Crew required for short southern English boat move

I am interested !!

ikonn90@gmail.com - Thanks a lot for contact and more details
SailorGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:17   #3

Hi Paul
If you can delay a month, I can do this. I’m based in Cornwall. Let me. Know.
sirfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 10:22   #4

On seeing your post my mind was flooded with memories.

We did the same sail in 1978, but in reverse, when we bought Meander, 1948, 24 ft mahogany on oak, Hillyard sloop. 1000 pounds. Sweet.

Sailed, no shake down cruise, from near South End, small yard where we bought it and refinished the bottom, to Shoreham were we kept her.

Sailed, full sail, past the marina which was only recently opened.

Three partners, Nick, Pete and myself. Nick was a mate and wanted in on the partnership. He had some money so he was in. Recently deceased (booze and cigarettes), he later bought Ted Heath's old boat and circumnavigated.

You got some fun coming.

Good luck.
bobwhite_ok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, crew, english