Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2018, 12:20   #1

C-Map on B&G Touch: A bust

Silly me... I thought that switching from Navionics (which I have lots of cartography issues with) to C-Map would be a no-brainer. Especially since C-Map is part of the Navico stable these days...

Turns out not so much.

Has anyone been able to use C-Map Max-N charts on a B&G Touch (Not Touch2 or 3)? Is there some magic I am missing?

My MFD has the most recent version of the software (V2.0), and I have a freshly downloaded C-Map chart purchased through the website loaded on a 4GB card.

The MFD knows a card has been inserted, and asks it I want to switch to the new maps, but can not actually load them.

B&G says everything is good call C-Map, and C-Map say everything is good it should work, and that's the end of that.
billknny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 06:05   #2

Boat: C&C38-3 WK
Re: C-Map on B&G Touch: A bust

Along with the .at5 files, you should also have a "Permits.txt" file. All those files should be at the root of the memory card. The permits.txt file is the key for your ZeusTouch to accept loading the C-Map cards. I remember having some trouble getting that file right. It should be custom to the serial number and "ContentID" line of the "About" screen of your ZeusTouch. I had to call them and they sent me a good "permits.txt".
PeterSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c-map