Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2016, 22:04   #1

Tulsa OK to Gulf of Mexico

I started my trip from the port of Catoosa and made it to Little Rock which is about 330 miles and through about 14 locks and dams to where my boat is currently docked. My next plan is to go down the Mississippi via the mouth of the White river south. I only have 10 days to get back to Little Rock, head south, and drive/fly home. I don't think their are any marinas or anything around Baton Rouge and I'm not sure I can make it to New Orleans. Anyone have any input or ideas? I don't have to go that direction but thought the lower Mississippi would be pretty cool. I'll be on a 26' trailerable sailboat, I can leave at a marina or pull it out or whatever needs to happen. Any input/ideas would be appreciated!
The Good Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 23:04   #2

Re: Tulsa OK to Gulf of Mexico

There*
Old 06-08-2019, 08:25   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Life View Post
I started my trip from the port of Catoosa and made it to Little Rock which is about 330 miles and through about 14 locks and dams to where my boat is currently docked. My next plan is to go down the Mississippi via the mouth of the White river south. I only have 10 days to get back to Little Rock, head south, and drive/fly home. I don't think their are any marinas or anything around Baton Rouge and I'm not sure I can make it to New Orleans. Anyone have any input or ideas? I don't have to go that direction but thought the lower Mississippi would be pretty cool. I'll be on a 26' trailerable sailboat, I can leave at a marina or pull it out or whatever needs to happen. Any input/ideas would be appreciated!
How did the rest of your trip go? I want to do the same trip and would love any advice you might have. Thanks in advance.
Jeffmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 17:00   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffmh View Post
How did the rest of your trip go? I want to do the same trip and would love any advice you might have. Thanks in advance.

Did I respond to you already? I just saw this comment. Feel free to reach back out to me !
Old 28-04-2020, 11:58   #5

Hello my name is John I’m new on this and I am very interested in your trip and more details about it I have a 30 foot Erwin Sail boat that I want to take down the river from Tulsa to the golf of Mexico and I’m trying to find out more information about doing that
Marinemedic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 12:09   #6

Give me a call! That was an amazing trip! I love sharing my experience! 985-222-4244!
Old 28-04-2020, 12:56   #7

Boat: Little Harbor 58

Judging from the number of views on your message subject, many of these users probably doubletake on Tulsa/Catoosa being a destination or origination of a sailing voyage. Good luck on your trip. I just peeked at the Mississippi delta on my nav software and it looks like a LOT of tankers down that way on the AIS. Baton Rouge may be a good layover before fetching the Gulf of Mexico.
FlightPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 14:52   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Life View Post
Hey we are going to be doing this trip as well any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Social Distance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 14:53   #9

Please any helpful thoughts ideas on this trip would be much appreciated we are planning to do this 2021 March/april
Social Distance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 21:31   #10

Hi I would enjoy talking to you about my trip so far 3163931425. Text me my services hear are bad. I am not sure how tall your mast is the train bridge in Little Rock is on channel 13 key the mike 6 times and request the bridge up right before you get to it there is a marina on the left if you need wait be careful the current is strong. The train bridge at pine Bluff is channel 12 watch he current it is fast start calling within one mile so that you have time if it is not up yet. Also there are a lot of little places to stop along the way I Can make you a list and give you phone number’s I hope you were able to stop at wild cat marina they are great people so is the one at pine Bluff and at Pendelton. I also have a fb page for the boat Sailing adventures aboard Valencia. But txt is the fastest way to get a hold of me
Marinemedic1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gulf of mexico, Mexico