Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: Are you male or female
Male 4 80.00%
Female 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2020, 19:19   #1

Crew Wanted - Los Angeles to Caribbean

I have just returned (January 3rd) from a 22 month, 15,000 nm cruise from Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles) to French Polynesia, then Hawaii, to Seattle and then back to Los Angeles. My boat is a 2017 Beneteau Oceanis 45, fully outfitted for water sailing">blue water sailing.

I am now preparing to leave Marina Del Rey about mid-February for the Caribbean. Much work to be done first: a) new bottom, b) new running rigging, c) all new standard sails, plus a new furling Gennaker, d) addition of Dometic air conditioning systems (3) and e) servicing every other system on the boat, including the water maker, engine, autopilot, and generator. When we depart the boat will be as ready as is possible for crossing oceans, even though I am planning a port-to-port, relaxing cruise to the Caribbean, which should take about four months.

I would like one crewperson to join me for the entire four-months, although I will have an occasional family member, friend or colleague join us for up to a week. I would prefer someone who likes/can cook. Sailing experience is helpful, but need not be extensive. Most of the sailing will be day sailing with an occasional night or two at sea for longer passages between islands

Please let me know if you are interested so that we can talk and then get together for lunch or dinner if you are close enough to come to Marina Del Rey. If you are a woman, I can supply personal references from friends and colleagues of my daughters who have worked with me for years. I am always smiling, happy and looking for the best (most of the time. smile

All cruise costs are covered. I would generally prefer to share food and drink costs. All other costs (except your airfares to Los Angeles and return(s) to your home.

If you would like a mellow, beautiful adventure, give me a call.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	360.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	440.5 KB
ID:	207198   Click image for larger version

Name:	175.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	463.2 KB
ID:	207199  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	207200  
richardlittle45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 17:01   #2

Re: Crew Wanted - Los Angeles to Caribbean

How long do you estimate this will take? I'm going to be spending Mar & Apr in Europe, hopefully sailing on the Med. After I come back, I could join you for part of the route in case you can't find someone who can join you for the entire trip.
PvilleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 21:17   #3

It is possible to need someone from Costa Rica, through the Canal and then on to the Dutch Islands, ending in Curacao. I will leave it to you reach out to me at that time.
richardlittle45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 22:58   #4

Fair enough. I'll leave myself a reminder.
PvilleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 21:18   #5

If this trip was postponed or you still need crew, please let me know. Thanks
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:15   #6

I am interested !!

ikonn90@gmail.com - Thanks a lot for contact and more details
SailorGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 12:26   #7

Can I pay you to take my family from CA to New Zealand? We can help crew.
rach54684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 12:39   #8

Good day Richard, I'm very interested in helping you sail anywhere you plan to, if you still require help. I have minimal sailing experience, but have been studying and learning as much as i can over the last few months. A little about me, i'm a 28 year old Canadian, recently coming off disability with a knee injury that has kept me isolated for the last 3 years. I've always had a passion for the ocean and want to sail the world. I'm a very hard worker, no stranger to long hours or bad weather, and take instruction very well/ always look for ways to improve myself. I also enjoy cooking and i'm always looking to expand my knowledge on how to prepare foods, it is part of the reason i want to travel around. If I sound like a possible candidate for your adventures, please reach out to me at bbourne12@live.ca. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have!
Bbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 20:35   #9

Hello Richard, I'm interested in joining you for this trip if you have not set sail yet. I am an experienced sailor, 41yo in shape, SoCal based, racing experience at MDR, and lived in Latin America for years so speak Spanish. Feel free to get in touch. Joe
jwiltbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 19:28   #10

If you are going to head north for the summer let me know
visionsinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 17:18   #11

Hello Richard. My name is Silvio, 27 years old. I currently leave in LA but I'm taking some time off to learn how to sail and travel the world. I'm italian so you know cooking is not a problem. I'm an easy-going guy eager to learn about sailing life (I'm looking to buy a boat in the next 5 years or so). If you postponed the trip and are actively looking for that crew member, i'd love to join you in this adventure.

Silvio
silvio.defant@gmail.com 6286280027
vagator93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 15:21   #12
JMR

Interested. Please contact - jackmruben@yahoo.com.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:31   #13

Boat: 1980 S2 8.0b (26')

I am interested. Please email to lionhal@gmail.com
Halp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 16:55   #14

Originally from Missouri, I have been in Orange County for several weeks hoping to find a blue water vessel in my price range to cut my teeth on solo. Although, I would like to gain more experience. So, if you are still looking let me know. I am flexible but ready.
evanswny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 15:19   #15

I am available for the trip if you are still looking. I am a license captain with a sailing endorsement. I have several years sailing/living in the Carribean.
I can manage my own expenses.
Cheers Al
hottuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, crew, crew wanted, rib, wanted