Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2017, 21:20   #1

Experienced crew from Aruba to Central/South America

Hi!

I'm Xavier, a 25 years old French traveller, currently in Aruba and looking for a crew position on a trip to Central or South America, either by the Caribbean, by the Atlantic or by Panama and the Pacific coast.

After working in southeast Asia for one year, I came back to France with two lines: dream jobs and travels with minimal carbon footprint. From the envy of improving my Spanish and from my parents' sailing stories, the idea of sailing to Latin America was born.

Expériences :
- Optimist & Hobie Cat
- Almeria/Gibraltar/Maroc/Canaries (1000 milles) Beneteau First 30
- Gran Canaria/Tenerife (80 milles) Gambling 34
- Tenerife/Guadeloupe (2930 milles) Fountaine-Pajot Hélia 44
- Guadeloupe/Dominique/Martinique (140 milles) Jeanneau Sun Fizz 39
- Martinique/Los Roques/Aruba (500milles) Catana 50

My biometric french passport is valid, I speak currently English, French and an ok Spanish. I haven't any allergy and I'm not seasick.
I'm able to stand alone my watches (day&night), to be at the helm, I know the basic sailing technics and above all, I'm willing to learn.

I am also an experienced surfer and globetrotter with already few travels : South America by bus and hitchhike, two crossings of the Indonesian archipelagos on a motorbike, surf trip around New-Zealand, hitchhike from France to Russia, surf trip on a bicycle in Spain and in total more than 30 countries where my feet have been.

Email: baris.xavier@gmail.com

Hoping to sail with you,

Xavier
Xavier31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Aruba, crew, enc, South America