Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2020, 17:12   #1

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50
HELP FOR LATER MODEL FP LIGHT SWITCH PROBLEMS

Hello Friends,

My experience with Fountain Pajot only goes back to 2013, with a Helia 44 and now blessed to be on the Big Sister SABA 50...

However, this may help some of you, and I am guessing it is the same back about ten years..

The light switches started to get a bit funny.. Extra clicking, fussing around, and after 5 years old my main Salon multi light switch got worse and worse and more unreliable to totally not functioning...

I finally broke down and pulled it apart, please see the attached pictures:

It turns out not to be analogue at all, all remotes powered by a common 2032 Lithium battery like most remotes... Buy a pack of them for spares..
Replace it and all like new again!!!

I worried unnecessarily for the past six months as it started to get unreliable.. That was dumb.. Hope to save you from this...

Still in love with my Saba 50. Exactly like the Helia 44 except more sea kindly and actually easier to single handle !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AA light switch 1.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	217989   Click image for larger version

Name:	AA light switch 2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	217990  

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA light switch 3.jpg