Cruisers Forum
 


Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Drew-
Forum: Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 10-02-2021, 07:38
Replies: 32
Views: 1,866
Posted By Drew-
Re: Where to cconnect MPPT output?

Look up pacific yacht systems on youtube. Jeff Cote is god when it comes to this stuff. I would bet he would say that it needs to be fused and directly to the battery. An acr or combiner to charge...
Forum: General Sailing Forum 13-01-2021, 07:43
Replies: 182
Views: 11,164
Posted By Drew-
Re: Why Do We Make It So Hard Sounding

This is an interesting conversation for me because I definitely feel that this is hard... Only 10% of the time though. The other 90% is when the engine runs smooth and the weather is nice. No massive...
Forum: Navigation 04-01-2021, 18:38
Replies: 22
Views: 1,992
Posted By Drew-
Re: Garmin maps for the Bahamas.

Thanks everyone for the info.
I am pretty excited to have a depth sounder on the boat this week. We have been navigating solely by the charts from the Chesapeake to Florida with no issues but we...
Forum: Navigation 04-01-2021, 03:10
Replies: 22
Views: 1,992
Posted By Drew-
Garmin maps for the Bahamas.

Greetings
This is my first trip down the icw and will be my first time sailing to the Bahamas.
We finally made it far enough south that we can start thinking about the crossing to the bahamas.(we...
Forum: Atlantic & the Caribbean 25-11-2020, 10:48
Replies: 3
Views: 657
Posted By Drew-
Re: Dismal Swamp.

I did take the Dismal swamp and the duckweed was not an issue at all until i got out of the second lock. It was never seriously thick but it did clog with something in the end.
The strange thing was...
Forum: Atlantic & the Caribbean 29-10-2020, 13:39
Replies: 3
Views: 657
Posted By Drew-
Dismal Swamp.

Hello Everyone!
I am headed south from the Chesapeake into the ICW and wanted to know if anyone has been through the dismal swamp. I really want to see it but have been told the duck weed can be an...
Forum: Monohull Sailboats 23-08-2020, 17:56
Replies: 37
Views: 2,744
Posted By Drew-
Re: 1978 Catalina 30 advice

I have sailed my boat in almost every month I have owned her I really worked hard to get her back to usable condition between the jobs.
I just figured with the purchase price you needed to...
Forum: Monohull Sailboats 22-08-2020, 16:45
Replies: 37
Views: 2,744
Posted By Drew-
Re: 1978 Catalina 30 advice

Fireant,
I am a new cruising boat owner who did something exactly like you are talking about.
I purchased a Hunter 34 that I had no idea about off craigslist. I spent 100s (not joking) of hours on...
Forum: General Sailing Forum 30-06-2020, 05:42
Replies: 56
Views: 2,772
Posted By Drew-
Re: GPS upended?

DC Beltway into Frederick/Hagerstown area and from Baltimore beltway.
I'll take off my foil hat now. LOL. Just found it strange.
Forum: General Sailing Forum 29-06-2020, 10:26
Replies: 56
Views: 2,772
Posted By Drew-
Re: GPS upended?

Myself and 3 other family members had GPS issues over the weekend. I couldnt understand it and neither could they because we all had never had issues with it before. I thought it was a strange...
Forum: Construction, Maintenance & Refit 06-04-2020, 05:50
Replies: 18
Views: 918
Posted By Drew-
Re: Cockpit core.

Hello everyone! I hope you folks are all doing well while the world is dealing with our new normal.
I finally got up the courage to install the plywood in the cockpit today and i think it went very...
Forum: Construction, Maintenance & Refit 29-03-2020, 07:45
Replies: 18
Views: 918
Posted By Drew-
Re: Cockpit core.

These are all great ideas! Thanks for the help folks!
Forum: Construction, Maintenance & Refit 28-03-2020, 19:08
Replies: 18
Views: 918
Posted By Drew-
Re: Cockpit core.

Sorry folks, I forgot to mention the boat info. This is a 1985 hunter 34. The reason it looks uneven is because i tool all of the blocks out of the stbd side in onr of the pictures. The cracks in the...
Forum: Construction, Maintenance & Refit 28-03-2020, 16:52
Replies: 18
Views: 918
Posted By Drew-
Cockpit core.

Today i decided to rip out a part of my cockpit core and get this right. I had known it had water in it but it was still pretty solid so i ignored it. The other day while my brother was walking on it...
Forum: Liveaboard's Forum 27-03-2020, 05:43
Replies: 14
Views: 1,576
Posted By Drew-
New(ish) Boat owner looking to say thanks.

This is my first time posting here but I have been lurking in the shadows for years now, reading all of the sage wisdom and weeding out the naysayers. I am 34 years old and about 4 years ago I fell...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:27.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.