Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f71/)
-   -   California to the Virgins (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f71/california-to-the-virgins-96097.html)

SakPase 13-01-2013 22:43

California to the Virgins

Hey, new here and felt this is a better introduction.
My wife and I are currently sailing our 28ft Pearson Triton down the Pacific Coast of Mexico towards Panama, threw the ditch and beyond:
Our blog so far:
3-knots.com
And track us here(kinda):
View A SPOT Adventure
I will try to post other info here such as modifications to the boat, recipes, things I wish I knew before I left and so on...

SakPase 21-01-2013 01:55

Re: California to the Virgins

Trying to find value in a city that sold its soul, our take on cabo
Gluttony and Excess in Cabo San Lucas | 3knots

Ex-Calif 21-01-2013 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakPase (Post 1135212)

Haven't been to Cabo since the 70's. So sad the boomers have destroyed it ;-(

mbianka 21-01-2013 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakPase (Post 1135212)

Greetings. Good thing about being cruising on a boat is you can always leave places like this rather then hang around longer than you want too.

boatman61 21-01-2013 06:06

Hi SakPase... Welcome to CF folks
Smooth sea's, enjoy the trip..:thumb:

SakPase 21-01-2013 20:28

Thanks for the feedback everyone, ended up breaking a window during a rough crossing of the Sea of Cortez this past week. I should have something written up here in the next day or so.

SakPase 24-01-2013 23:43

Finally found time to update the blog, also think I found a polycarbonate supplier her in Mazatlan
Crossing the Sea of Cortez | 3knots

svHyLyte 25-01-2013 07:13

Jerrad/Josie--

Welcome to the Cruisers Forum and congratulations on your voyage thus far. It is good to see young people actually doing something other than iPoding/Video Gaming and "living" life through a screen tho' it can sometimes be tough on the face (and fixed ports, eh?). Also, our compliments on your "blog". Very well written. I have no doubt your families may have had misgivings about your proposed adventure but I suspect your blog, and Spot track, will put some of that to rest.

We look forward to following your adventures and wish you all the best.

s/v HyLyte

SakPase 25-01-2013 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by svHyLyte (Post 1139106)
Jerrad/Josie--

Welcome to the Cruisers Forum and congratulations on your voyage thus far. It is good to see young people actually doing something other than iPoding/Video Gaming and "living" life through a screen tho' it can sometimes be tough on the face (and fixed ports, eh?). Also, our compliments on your "blog". Very well written. I have no doubt your families may have had misgivings about your proposed adventure but I suspect your blog, and Spot track, will put some of that to rest.

We look forward to following your adventures and wish you all the best.

s/v HyLyte

Thank you for the warm welcome.
My perspective on the whole living threw a screen is that most of my generation was raised by over protective parents, in the technology age, told that the most important thing in life is to go to college and get a good job. I find it totally understandable that most end up in a situation where the focus of their lives is on expensive toys with no actual value. It's a shame really but what are you gonna do?

SakPase 30-01-2013 13:35

My wife did a quick write up on our time in Mazatlan, we finally got our window and the boat back in shape and are getting ready to head down to La Cruz.
You can get up to date here
Thanks again to everyone for the support

Red Sky 30-01-2013 16:29

Hi guys, just left a post on the blog. La Cruz is a great next destination. If in the anchorage, look for a Tartan 37, Hajime. Jim and Jess are great folks. Gidget, the coolest kind of dog created

SakPase 31-01-2013 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Sky (Post 1144130)
Hi guys, just left a post on the blog. La Cruz is a great next destination. If in the anchorage, look for a Tartan 37, Hajime. Jim and Jess are great folks. Gidget, the coolest kind of dog created

Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot to us. I will keep my eye out for Hajime, we should be there on Sunday.
I can't argue, gidget is the coolest kind of dog.

rebel heart 31-01-2013 14:08

I thought this post was going to be about some policy that California has instituted towards young, single men.

Captain G 12-02-2013 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakPase (Post 1129633)
Hey, new here and felt this is a better introduction.
My wife and I are currently sailing our 28ft Pearson Triton down the Pacific Coast of Mexico towards Panama, threw the ditch and beyond:
Our blog so far:
3-knots.com
And track us here(kinda):
View A SPOT Adventure
I will try to post other info here such as modifications to the boat, recipes, things I wish I knew before I left and so on...

Hey guys, sounds like you are having fun. I'm moving my boat down to San Diego this summer. It will be the first time I will have it off shore. Once I'm there I will be on my way south and will make my mind up weather to turn right and go to the south pacific or left to the BVI.
Anyway, I'm not as young as you guys but believe it is never to late to follow your desires. Have a great time, your blog was written great.

Captain G.:thumb:

SakPase 19-02-2013 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain G (Post 1156003)
Hey guys, sounds like you are having fun. I'm moving my boat down to San Diego this summer. It will be the first time I will have it off shore. Once I'm there I will be on my way south and will make my mind up weather to turn right and go to the south pacific or left to the BVI.
Anyway, I'm not as young as you guys but believe it is never to late to follow your desires. Have a great time, your blog was written great.

Captain G.:thumb:

Thanks Captain G. Good luck with the trip down the coast, in the summer it should be a warm and pleasant one.

We finally are back online and are getting some posts up.
3-knots.com