Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Liveaboard's Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/)
-   -   Our move aboard date is getting moved up....Wahoo (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/our-move-aboard-date-is-getting-moved-up-wahoo-95590.html)

10yearplan 06-01-2013 13:49

Our move aboard date is getting moved up....Wahoo

Wow, when things are meant to be things can certainly move along. We were plodding along on our 10 year plan with a goal of buying a boat and moving aboard in Fall of 2014 or Spring of 2015 however that has changed. We were looking at boats late this summer and stumbled upon a beautiful boat in excellent condition. We decided to try to buy it and our finances fell into place without having to take out a loan and on November 1st we became sailboat owners of a beautiful Tayana 37'. The catch was we still had a daughter in high school (junior) and owned a home in Montana...the boat is in Washington. Well our daughter participated in the sea trial and survey process and loved it and is ready to move. I have been trying to hire someone to fill my position at work since 2008 and finally found the right person that started last week and....we showed our house last night and it is not even on the market yet. We are now looking at April 2013. YIKES, that is only 4 months away to downsize from a 4 bedroom house to a 37' sailboat. We are so excited and I just had to share.

Artful Dodger 06-01-2013 14:03

Re: Our move aboard date is getting moved up....Wahoo

Here is a site you might be interested S/V Mistress they live aboard a Tayana 37 as well, Teddy and Muriel are a good couple who can most likely help you with any questions. and congrates

MarkJ 06-01-2013 14:23

There you go! If you have goals set you can achieve them!
Time is a sliding figure you can bring closer, but never let it go further away.

Good on you!

The next step is not as scary as you think. Just jump in and know its leading you to your goal of cruising :)

I bet you can cut even more time off if you want to. We are all out here waiting for you :)

boatman61 06-01-2013 14:32

Excellent start to the year 10year...:thumb:
Have a ball casting of the shore lines..;)

wingNwing 06-01-2013 14:42

Congrats! Sounds like the universe is cooperating with you.

wingNwing 06-01-2013 14:48

A few downsizing hints: Life Afloat Archives: Downsizing Tips for Moving Aboard (and everyone else) and here were my personal experiences with it: Life Afloat Archives: Take It or Leave It There's a group of bloggers called "RaftUP" who all agree to post about a particular topic once a month, in Dec we all talked about the topic of what to take, what to leave behind, I'll post the link once its done.

pillum 06-01-2013 15:08

Congratulations and well done. Beautiful boat too.

flink 06-01-2013 19:49

Congrats. Great boat. Looks like 2013 is gonna be a good one for ya.

oceanlistening 07-01-2013 02:00

Good for you! Tis a great year to do it! Our boat is coming in spring. She's a Seawind 1000XL2. Can't wait to read of your adventures. I'm realizing from these discussions that blogging is a great way to capture the journey. Hmmm I best start now!

GordMay 07-01-2013 06:33

Congratulations 10yearplan!

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, oceanlistening.

Hudson Force 07-01-2013 07:01

Congratulations! ....Downsizing?...... Your best mantra,- There's a great freedom in non-ownership!

SV.Maverick 07-01-2013 07:06

Congratulations! Most times people seem to find reasons to keep pushing the date back. It's great to hear about everything falling in place!

LauderBoy 08-01-2013 08:29

Oh, Tayanas are beautiful boats. Congrats and good luck with the move aboard.

bratzcpa 08-01-2013 08:37

Just wondering - where is your home at in Montana? Is that where you're living no?

PapaBruce 08-01-2013 08:40

Great news for you! We have shed the house, furnishings, personal "stuff" to the kids, had 3 tag sales, filled two 12 yard dumpsters and will be moving aboard May 1.(the Admiral finsihes work on 4/30). We are super excited so I can imagine a little of what's going thru your minds. This forum has been fantastic to link up with those who are already out there. We've been emailing back and forth with a family that has been cruising for 5 years on our exact make, model, year vessel. What an education! Take Dodger's advice ASAP! Congrats!