Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific & South China Sea (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f23/the-first-marina-in-cambodia-soon-87888.html)

mantula 24-08-2012 05:53

The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Hello dear sailors!

I would be very grateful for the advice experienced boaters.

I live in Cambodia, the city and the port of Sihanoukville. South China Sea, Gulf of Thailand, about 100 islands around ... a paradise for sailing and
walking on the sea, but there are no conditions for this. Elementary nowhere to moor a yacht or cruiser. There are a couple of private squalid berths.

We decided to build a small marina. And already building two berths for 10 yachts. This is the first phase of the project. Complete the construction plan in 3 months. Also begin to build an office, a guest-house and technical areas.

Give your suggestions. What is needed and minimal for the first phase.
Please write without abbreviations, because my English is poor.

If someone did not think, we - crazy Russian.
In my opinion, normal people in Cambodia only resting.
Well, we have started to do something useful.:banghead:

The first comes to us in the marina will get all the bonuses, a salute of champagne and the best beauties French Street.

The captain has not yet existing marina Mantula Andrew.

Tailwind in humped back! (Russian Maritime saying)



PS : If there are those who speak in Russian, I would be happy to

danblack 25-08-2012 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantula
Hello dear sailors!

I would be very grateful for the advice experienced boaters.

I live in Cambodia, the city and the port of Sihanoukville. South China Sea, Gulf of Thailand, about 100 islands around ... a paradise for sailing and
walking on the sea, but there are no conditions for this. Elementary nowhere to moor a yacht or cruiser. There are a couple of private squalid berths.

We decided to build a small marina. And already building two berths for 10 yachts. This is the first phase of the project. Complete the construction plan in 3 months. Also begin to build an office, a guest-house and technical areas.

Give your suggestions. What is needed and minimal for the first phase.
Please write without abbreviations, because my English is poor.

If someone did not think, we - crazy Russian.
In my opinion, normal people in Cambodia only resting.
Well, we have started to do something useful.:banghead:

The first comes to us in the marina will get all the bonuses, a salute of champagne and the best beauties French Street.

The captain has not yet existing marina Mantula Andrew.

Tailwind in humped back! (Russian Maritime saying)

PS : If there are those who speak in Russian, I would be happy to

Good luck with that. I have been there and thought it could use a marina

bobconnie 25-08-2012 17:18

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
:thumb:Potable Water(good drinking water) SAFE docks with access to Markets for food, meat and Vegatables, maybe someone to watch over the boats at night. Thats enough for us !! But Im sure others will have other wants. Thanks for asking! and I hope your Marina go's well for you! It is a place Connie and I loved!!

mantula 26-08-2012 09:52

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Thank you!
We are building a small marina for about 10 boats. 4 service column of water and electricity, a small marina captain's office. The range of services are trying to do the best possible in Cambodia. Supply of fresh food will be required.

At the marina will be a few rooms for the night, and a large Guest House in the city with prices from economy to luxury.This guest house will be ready in about six months.

Have an agreement with the port, customs and border authorities to simplify the formalities for entering the boat.

24 hour security, lighted parking lot on our part will be provided.

In addition, the marina is located on the territory under the control of the naval forces of Cambodia. Nearby parking maritime police ... this is a serious barrier against local thieves

Guests marina prepare interesting programs stay, incld. with a visit to areas closed to tourists on the islands ...:octo:

Ask for more - I will try to answer in detail.

mantula 26-08-2012 10:00

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Write separately about the drinking water in Cambodia. I also had doubts about the quality of water when I arrived. But! To my surprise, the water was very good. For example, in Phnom Penh, the water quality is better than in London. A study was conducted and compared by Western experts.
Dispel one of the myths about Cambodia. :whistling:

stevewrye 27-08-2012 14:32

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Will the islands be open to cruisers in the future? If so how are the anchorages and what is the clarity of the water for diving?

Thanks

mantula 27-08-2012 21:11

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Most islands are open, there is nothing to hide. There is a private island, but they are available. Uninhabited island or somewhere fishermen live in small villages.

On several islands are military, but you can visit and you will be happy, just have to agree with the military authorities in advance

We call it military-round, you can shoot with different weapons and see up close how people live Khmer military
Very interesting islands for diving, water clarity unrealistic. Lots of fish for underwater hunting and fishing.
I am not divers. I can ask more from them.
Parking for yachts not, more or less at the quays of the military.

cat man do 27-08-2012 21:31

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Ahh, Sihanoukville
The place to be waiting for the day when hopefully Vietnam opens it's waters to the world.

The marina in Nha Trang has supposedly started
“Ana Marina” geplant in Nha Trag (Vietnam)

Nha Trang to build international marina - Vietnam Business Economy News

mantula 27-08-2012 21:32

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
I would put here a map of islands, but it is impossible to insert.

Answer the questions: are available for almost all of the island, about a hundred islands large and small. Almost uninhabited. Fishermen live and military. On military island is accessible by appointment. Water clarity is unrealistic. Lots of fish, corals ... and no one around.
Berths only military or bad wood near fishing villages. Wild Cambodia! It will gradually open.

cat man do 27-08-2012 21:35

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevewrye (Post 1023059)
Will the islands be open to cruisers in the future?

Great question, are you saying the Cambodian Islands are not open to cruisers now?
Vietnam doesn't allow visitors as yet but they may be a bit lax around those parts.
Phu Quoc and surrounding islands are very close by.

cat man do 27-08-2012 21:38

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mantula (Post 1023326)
I would put here a map of islands, but it is impossible to insert.

Here you go

Google maps
Sihanoukville, Cambodia - Google Maps

and

https://www.canbypublications.com/map...bodia-1500.jpg

mantula 27-08-2012 21:38

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
I am now looking for a supplier of equipment for the marina - Service pedestals, mooring fingers, bollards and the like. I would be happy to hear advice on the sellers far from us. Now negotiate with Singapore with the company Marinetek. But they have so far little interest in our small marina. By Christmas, try to start accepting guests.

stevewrye 27-08-2012 21:41

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
[QUOTE=cat man do;1023321]Ahh, Sihanoukville
The place to be waiting for the day when hopefully Vietnam opens it's waters to the world.

Do you know how many cruisers Vietnam is allowing in every year? I see a few sailing those waters on winlink2000 reports but very few at all. It would be wonderful to sail the coast of both countries.

Thanks mantula for your info, keep it coming.

mantula 27-08-2012 21:43

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Cambodian island are open and available for landing. 8 islands bought by Russian, but only two of them are working. One small island belongs to the Russian oligarch, there luxury hotel and residence, but you can visit if you wish. I repeat, we have a good connection with the military departments and the green light for the islands.

cat man do 28-08-2012 00:34

Re: The First Marina in Cambodia. Soon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevewrye (Post 1023334)
Do you know how many cruisers Vietnam is allowing in every year?

Zero from what I can gather.
You can get in if you want but are treated as a ship with the associated fee's pilotage etc.
No cruising allowed.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.