Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Wanted: 15m Cat to Whitsundays (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/15m-cat-to-whitsundays-85366.html)

johns501 15-07-2012 04:05

15m Cat to Whitsundays

Crew wanted for 15 m private cat leaving Brisbane early August for Whitsundays and GBR, liveaboard. First aid cert highly regarded. Scuba certification will get you a berth!

suncoast sailer 15-07-2012 04:10

Hi can you give more info , where you are going,, how long you want crew for, how many people, what is the plan
cheers
Doug

johns501 15-07-2012 07:07

Re: 15m Cat to Whitsundays

Hi Doug

We plan to sail fairly directly to Percy Island then spend a few week cruising the Whitsunday Group, basically staying away from marinas and taking the occasional side trip to the reef for diving. I want to get as far as Lizard Island if possible. The boat has 4 double cabins, and crew will be open to come and go as necessary. Pick/up drop off will be at mutually agreed locations.

Basically the plan is flexible, the aim is to cruise without impossible or inflexible deadlines

Cheers

John

Skipper Tobler1 15-07-2012 08:15

..will you still be sailing later this year? October/November? I am looking for a sailing adventure for 4 weeks ! ..would be pleased to join you ..michael dot tobler (at) bluewin dot ch ..cheers michael

johns501 15-07-2012 09:30

yes but up till last week October then after 3rd week November. After November may be heading odd to PNG

pid 16-07-2012 01:08

Hi there, my friend and I may be able to help you get the yacht to Whitsundays... as long a we get to airlie before airlie race week on 10th August? We probably won't be able to cruise Whitsundays though as we. are committed to both airlie and Hamilton island race Weeks.

We are both 23 year old kiwis who have just done Auckland to noumea yacht race, noumea to MacKay delivery, cruising round Whitsundays and a delivery from airlie to hinchenbrook.

how many on board? Well you contribute expenses?

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

7thsign 17-07-2012 01:54

Hey there, I am a coastal skipper with STCW95, current first aid cert, VHF/HF radio licence, diesel engine course cert, marine survival cert. I do have a sailing trip from Brisbane to Airlie beach on the 28th August but might be able to help you sail before then, where are you sailing from, how many on board? age groups? experience? sailing costs?

h.olsen 17-07-2012 18:27

Hi, I would love to cruise up to Lizard island. I dont work so am flexible, own my own 46' monohull,live in sydney, have done coxwains 3 months theory and passed all exams. I have sailed up to the Whitsundays in this and my previous boat, and raced this one in Hammo. I race every Wednesday in sydney on another yacht. I have my open water diving cert. Am a pretty decent cook (i was cook on a cat from here to mooloolaba), sociable and adaptable. Please let me know if you are interested in a 53 year old female to join your crew.

johns501 17-07-2012 21:13

HI

have been doing a bit of planning and it looks like arriving prior to 10 August in Whitsundays is going to be very tight and I could not guarantee it. But if you are still interested after the races it would be good.

Cheers

John

Factor 17-07-2012 21:36

Is your boat the flash new Outremer in RQ?

cat man do 17-07-2012 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Factor (Post 993170)
Is your boat the flash new Outremer in RQ?

Ears prick up

Factor 17-07-2012 23:41

Yeah - I dont really need yet another trip to the Whitsundays - but a blast on a newish outremer could get me very interested.

johns501 19-07-2012 04:48

sorry mate - not what u are looking for

Wondering Star 19-07-2012 09:31

Good day mate

Trained multi disciplinary nurse, experienced emergency paramedic, Yachtmaster offshore with many ocean miles and multi crossing voyage history with Open water PADI certification as well as other useful certifications and experiences.

Although presented opportunity request for crew position may not be for me due to my present location to your voyages, if you should be headed to North America some day, I hope that you will contact me.

Cheers

johns501 25-07-2012 01:40

Thanks Wondering Star too bad about the distance, but if we get to North America i'll definitely be knocking at your door. Cheers