Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/)
-   -   Free Sausage to all CF Members (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/free-sausage-to-all-cf-members-84644.html)

Sabbatical II 03-07-2012 23:23

Free Sausage to all CF Members

After 3 long years my new 42' semi-custom "CF inspired" sail boat is almost ready to launch. Since you all helped me design the thing, the least I can do is invite you to the party.

It's to be trucked on a low loader from Bluewater Cruising Yachts yard at Cardiff (Australia) to be launched at Marmong Cove Marina, Lake Macquarie on July 17. Speeches are to commence at 10:59am. Champagne bottle will be released at 11:00am followed by a "float test" shortly after. BBQ & booze for all that show up. If your in the area come along.

Sabbatical II 03-07-2012 23:36

Re: Free sausage to all CF members

I thought it might be interesting to throw around a few ideas of what a boat will look like thats been built on the advice of fellow CF members. At one stage this is how it was looking:

Number of Hulls: 1.5

Rig: Ketch rig, but with the mizzen sawn off and replaced by a turret mounted AK47 to scare off pirates. No bullets to be carried so as not to inflame any situation.

Main: A boom furled main with lazy jacks for that rare occasion when it won't roll up.

Anchor: A fisherman anchor of course, but fitted with a Rocna roll bar

Keel: An integral full length keel with 8 oversize keel bolts imbedded in the top so a knowledgable broker can sell the advantages of new keel bolts.

Charts: The latest plotter but a draw full of outdated paper charts to impress the real salty types when on board.

Tender: A RIB to hang on the davits, a roll up for when the following sea is too scary and a tinnie for the NT where the crocs live.

Any other ideas for a boat that keeps everyone on CF happy?

Lagoon4us 03-07-2012 23:36

Mermaid spotting bathyscape??????

Coops 03-07-2012 23:45

Other ideas? Well, a Westsail 32(or similar) interior and sea keeping qualities but with planing ability. Self maintaining brightwork would probably do me. A full, long swing keel would help me around here as well as out in the briny. Some kind of automatic, self sensing reefing system and if at all possible, a force field to stop jet skis and other annoyances from getting near.:thumb:

Coops.

scubascooter 04-07-2012 00:20

Greg,

Cant make it to your party, but I will have a sausage on the day in honor of the launch!

look forward to photos.
Scott

Jim Cate 04-07-2012 00:24

Well done Greg!

Dang, but we will likely still be on the Clarence on the 17th, maybe a bit further north.
Have a great day... you have earned it, and kudos for your generous invitation.

BTW, you forgot the composting holding tank with overboard discharge!

Cheers,

Jim

GordMay 04-07-2012 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagoon4us (Post 983202)
Mermaid spotting bathyscape??????

According to the US government, there are no mermaids:
NOAA Denies Existence of Mermaids : Discovery News

Congratulations, Greg!

David_Old_Jersey 04-07-2012 03:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleebana (Post 983201)
Any other ideas for a boat that keeps everyone on CF happy?

I think it needs to be Composite contruction :thumb:

I favour Ferro, Plywood and gaffer tape :flowers:.

James S 04-07-2012 03:48

Re: Free Sausage to all CF Members

Congratulations...looking forward to the pictures and all the details of the launch.

Lagoon4us 04-07-2012 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordMay (Post 983254)
According to the US government, there are no mermaids:
NOAA Denies Existence of Mermaids : Discovery News

Congratulations, Greg!

Check other thread regarding mermaids Gord.....

Capn Morgan 04-07-2012 15:48

It must be 'maintenance free', but allow you do tinker with it.

bobconnie 04-07-2012 17:30

:whistling:We can't make it to the Launch and BBQ but if ya ever get down our way we will cook ya a Saugage Gumbo with chicken even !! Con Grats on your great Day !!!