Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Wanted: Florida to New Zealand (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/florida-to-new-zealand-78209.html)

Il Vento 09-03-2012 14:20

Florida to New Zealand

2 guys leaving Florida early May to New Zealand.Beneteau 423 well equipted.Maybe looking for third person all or part way.

crtechie 09-03-2012 16:36

Re: Florida to New Zealand

I spent the past seven years as a Senior Systems Engineer in Afghanistan/Iraq. I am now retired and looking to build on my sailing,diving skills. I’m easy going. Between cave diving and seven years of assisting the military with their computer networks I know the feeling of being laid back one minute and in an emergency situation the next. I think this skill is essential in sailing as things could go wrong in seconds and you must be able to deal with the situation. My time is my own and stand ready to crew with short notice.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Reid

Certified Advance Open water diver , Full Cave Diver
Certified for 50 foot sailing charter
ASA Basic Coastal Cruising – Royal Yachting Association (RYA) – (2011)
ASA Basic Keelboat – Royal Yachting Association (RYA) – (2011)

Il Vento 09-03-2012 16:39

Hi Reid,where are you located?

crtechie 09-03-2012 17:21

Hi
I'm located in Atlanta.
If you need me to come down for shakedown cruise I'm there :)

roalipa472 11-03-2012 06:53

Hi guys,
I am interested in your trip (at least for a leg) if you are still looking for extra crew! I'd like you to drop me a mail with some more details about your route, plan,and some pics of you and your boat. I am 39yo, scuba instructor, but I frankly can't show off much of sailing experience, I can be a fast learner though and eager to help with all onboard activities. No smoker, drunk or junkie and definetely not a loafer!
Ready to fly and for a trial trip too.
roalipa472 "at" gmail "dot" com or skype (robertoaliprandi) us (an eyeball chat is better than lots of words).
What share expenses you are considering and how much could it be?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers
Roberto

kumkatxa 14-03-2012 14:55

I just read your advertisement and I'm very interested in it if you are still looking for crew.
I'm 23 years old, first aid certificated,experienced in lifeguarding and I love cooking, even if I don't have any experience in saling, I learn quickly and I really would love to join you in your adventure, I think I'm an easy going person, and I'm always willing to help.

Look forward to hearing from you.

robert

kumkatxa at gmail dot com

laxaholic 15-03-2012 06:54

Hey,
I'm from Georgia as well. 20 years old.
Just returned home from sailing Cape Town, South Africa to Fortaleza, Brazil. The South Atlantic crossing was fun. I'm an experienced sailor, blue water and regattas. Can cook some pretty good boat food. What are the details of the trip?