Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Lagoon Catamarans (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f139/)
-   -   440: Lagoon 440 Owners Version Modifications (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f139/lagoon-440-owners-version-modifications-77095.html)

Lagoon4us 19-02-2012 22:56

Lagoon 440 Owners Version Modifications

Am seriously considering converting the Lounge seat area in the owners cabin to a computer desk and cupboard combination removing the couch totally.

Owners of 440's do you deem this couch to be of use in your boat? I just dont get the reason why it's there like it's not somewhere you can sit for lengths of time? Put shoes on?? Have a nap???

We would much rather have a chest of drawers there instead....

If the timber panelling is available i think we may give it a go constructing it in the same style as all the joinery.

Any other ideas? Has anyone done similar in other designs???

Cheers.

downunder 20-02-2012 00:45

Re: Lagoon 440 Owners Version modifications

3 Attachment(s)
Just my personal preference but i would prefer to be working at my computer at nav station in saloon where I can keep watch wether at sea or anchor.

Guess the 440 nav station is not as good as some. Have been several St Francis 50 with ideal style of setup for me.

Interested to hear from some 440 owners re your question also :popcorn:

Lagoon4us 20-02-2012 01:05

Thanks will still be keeping the Nav-computer at the Nav station. The area in the owners cabin has a small desk and an attached lounge, i'll keep using this that desk for our personal communication i.e. laptop for skype etc rather than combining nav with social.

Agree with your point re: nav area/vision.

More my point is to blend a chest of drawers to it in place of what i see as a very occasional not often used lounge.

The St Francis is a lovely boat.

MylesK1 04-03-2012 18:26

Hi Lagoon4us,

We just bought a L440 as well and we're looking at doing some modifications, too.

I was thinking about removing the bench seat in the salon and replacing it with nice square solid stools that have storage space inside. There are few hand-rails while underway, but for living aboard I think we'll want the space.

What do you think?

Also, I was thinking about the couch, too. Even if there were a way to create more storage space underneath it may be worth keeping it.

I think the nav station on the L440 is actually pretty decent. It's facing forward and rather large.

Fair winds,
Myles

Lagoon4us 04-03-2012 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MylesK1 (Post 901618)
Hi Lagoon4us,

We just bought a L440 as well and we're looking at doing some modifications, too.

I was thinking about removing the bench seat in the salon and replacing it with nice square solid stools that have storage space inside. There are few hand-rails while underway, but for living aboard I think we'll want the space.

What do you think?

Also, I was thinking about the couch, too. Even if there were a way to create more storage space underneath it may be worth keeping it.

I think the nav station on the L440 is actually pretty decent. It's facing forward and rather large.

Fair winds,
Myles

I like the Nav area and agree if set up well it's very user friendly. The stool idea i like if you can use it elsewhere now and then like in the cockpit at the table end.

I've done a drawing of the desk/chest of drawers for down below and it looks very usable.

We will put the micro-wave on hanging brackets above the galley bench close to the cockpit door to free up space above the stove. Private message me your email and ill send pic's

Cheers Frank