Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Available: Chica Looking for Some Sailing Experience and Adventure (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/chica-looking-for-some-sailing-experience-and-adventure-76311.html)

oldsalt1987 06-02-2012 14:55

Chica Looking for Some Sailing Experience and Adventure

i am a 24 yr old female seeking out some adventure. i am a very hard worker and i am willing to learn everything. This is something i am hoping to do for a very long time as the ocean is my passion. I am very carefree and fun and i do alot of fishing and free diving and i also love to cook. Link with me if im what you looking for on your boat :)

Multihull 06-02-2012 15:03

Funny name : oldsalt

for a 24 year old :-)

Rob

idpnd 06-02-2012 15:05

Re: chica looking for some sailing experience and adventure

Hello, always looking for crew.. Sailing in the western med this summer, check out the link in signature :)

Connemara 06-02-2012 15:09

oldsalt1987 ... born in '87 and hoping to be an old salt.

Connemara

(Do those of us who sail the Great Lakes call ourselves 'old freshies?' Just wondering.)

boatman61 06-02-2012 15:25

Ola Chica.... not having much reponse...? or just the wrong sort...:whistling:
3rd crewing post is it not... thought you'da been snapped up by now...:D

oldsalt1987 06-02-2012 16:27

i guess i should make a new profile with all the sarcasm passing here....i actually got quite a few offers but my timing was a bit off with my grandma getting sick so hopefully this time around wud be good timing.

oldsalt1987 06-02-2012 16:30

so idpnd whats your exact location now..might be able to meet you out there

boatman61 08-02-2012 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 881183)
i guess i should make a new profile with all the sarcasm passing here....i actually got quite a few offers but my timing was a bit off with my grandma getting sick so hopefully this time around wud be good timing.

Not being sarcastic.... trying to attract you some attention...
Just a shame I'd filled my crew list the day before you posted..
You coulda done 13000 miles of Ocean sailing...:D
Departure is from West Palm Beach end of the month...

nauticalnomad 08-02-2012 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 881112)
i am a 24 yr old female seeking out some adventure. i am a very hard worker and i am willing to learn everything. This is something i am hoping to do for a very long time as the ocean is my passion. I am very carefree and fun and i do alot of fishing and free diving and i also love to cook. Link with me if im what you looking for on your boat :)

Hey
I tried private messaging you but apparantly it says im too new of a member to do so,
I need to become trustworthy first
But im from Australia originally and now based in Holland preparing to sail to the Carribean at the end of this year. Then onto Australia whenever i decide to continue on.
If you want to PM me i can reply with my contact email etc
to stay in touch
Regards

idpnd 08-02-2012 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 881187)
so idpnd whats your exact location now..might be able to meet you out there

Hi Im in Spain going to Morroco/Canaries, check out website :)

ElizabethAnn 08-02-2012 05:18

Hi, we are a family cruising on a 47" with our 10 year old girl, we actually are in the virgin islands, heading to Porto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti and Cuba (february - march) then to Panama (april) and the Pacific crossing.
We are looking for crew to help on the boat and share that great experience with us. We share the cost of food and gazole, which doesn't amount to much, the cost of visas and stuff, the biggest expense probably beeing beers in ports, and the return airline ticket of course.
We offer a double berth and private bathroom for whoever will come with us.
If you're interested or want to know more about us, please ask.

oldsalt1987 08-02-2012 09:23

boat man that sucks cus thats exactly where i am..and that commment of sarcasm was defenitely not thrown for you...well have a great trip

Heliman 19-03-2012 20:25

Hi, i am looking for a cook, cleaner and deck hand to sail from the bvi to the Bahamas in a 46 leopard cat. I need someone to get the boat ship shape and up to the highest standards before departure and then sail up to the Bahamas - envisage the prpeparation will be approx 2 weeks and then at least a week or so sail - looking to day sail and stop along the way. Looking to commence prep the second week of April. If you are interested let me know and we can exchange emails for more details

oldsalt1987 21-03-2012 11:48

heliman looking for something for a lil more than 3 weeks

Heliman 21-03-2012 12:11

how long are you looking for as a minimum? There are other trips planned upon getting to the Bahamas

mikepmtl 29-03-2012 10:07

I'm heading from Southern Florida to the Bahamas mid April for a couple of months and then I have no idea. I am solo and will be on a 39' sloop.

lolarose 29-03-2012 10:35

why you insulting poor girl, because her nick is "old salt".so what. what is meaning "old salt".experience, age. how old you are or how long you spend on the sea. i was second mate on the 75,000 tons bulk carrier when i was 24 and had 5 years on the sea as a cadet and third mate. i was more "experienced" and was bigger "old salt" than some chief mates wit 20 years on the sea.including british and american with their "famous" USCG certificates. only god knows how they pased their exams. . some of them i would not give couple of sheeps to take care off, let alone a boat.
some one will "pick up" more in 5 years then other in 15 or 20.
i bought my crabber 7 years ago and since then i already crossed biscay 11 times. i know a lot of "old salts" who are "sailing" for 20 or more years and they barely wenture couple of miles out from their marinas.

i would take her this summer but my mother will start agein that she can be my daugter and that i am embarasing her with neighborous.
she set me up limit 35. no yunger.

Paul on board 02-04-2012 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 881112)

Hi Old Salt,
Im heading for the bahamas from miami on the 10th, 11th or 12 of april (weather depending). I've made a posting on the crew wanted list if your'e interested....
cheers
paul

boatman61 07-04-2012 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 882338)
boat man that sucks cus thats exactly where i am..and that commment of sarcasm was defenitely not thrown for you...well have a great trip

Hey oldsalt.... you did not answer my message... were the conditions not to your liking.... let me/us know what your looking for... exactly...
wage's or just a ride and some experience... all things are negotiable... agreements another matter...:D

Il Vento 08-04-2012 19:34

Re: Chica Looking for Some Sailing Experience and Adventure

Hey,
I am now in Palmetto ,you are welcome to come down for a coffee and take a look at the boat.

Mike 310 384 9239

Mikey1 15-04-2012 19:47

Hiya, I think I spotted somewhere here that you`re in West Palm Beach. I have to sail a 43` catamaran from Fort Lauderdale to Charleston asap - wondered if you might be interested in crewing for me? Should only take 3 days or so and I will arrange your travel back.

egslsr 05-05-2012 00:36

Hi Im a yacht Captain, 49 years old, from Spain living know in San Francisco. I.m looking for a female crew that come alone with me and sail around caribbean, east coast United States, and may be Europe. Long term intimate and personal relationship as you know boats need to be very close togueter. I whant somebody that it is easy going, happy and frendly as Im...and like to sail around.............If you think you can be that special person and you like travel and advetures in a sailboat and lifestyle while enjoying the romance of sharing the adventure, contact me at
trasocean@hotmail.com
Eugenio
I wait for your answer.

sonAdmiralson 13-05-2012 06:11

33 yawl, new yanmar, have delivery capt waiting crew in Port ST joe fl. for Nassau Bahamas, I am a good freediver and have lots of equipment on board, lots of fishing gear, spears etc. YOu are welcome to liveaboard a good while I will be busy instlling a solar system windgen television nav gear etc and need someone to look after the boat and bring back some fish. Vanessa my fiancee will be joining us soon. Ryan the delivery capt has quite an impressive resume for a youngster. This delivery has been delayed weeks for various reasons mainly lack of crew, I am in Peru not always in contact
john capexco@hushmail.com
ryan southernocean@juno.com

CaptainHookk 13-05-2012 14:56

Chica... I would like to discuss the possibility of your joining me as a sailing mate.
My plans are still up in the air but I'm formulating things.
I live in Boca Raton now. I have always sailed New England in the summer and then
south to Florida and the Caribbean in the winter. My sons are all grown up and not as available so I do need some help. I'm a very interesting person. If you go to:
" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lucas_(composer) ", you will know more about me.

Email me at "capthookk@gmail.com" Regards... David

keyspc 13-05-2012 15:21

any experience babysitting special needs kids?

senormechanico 13-05-2012 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connemara (Post 881119)
oldsalt1987 ... born in '87 and hoping to be an old salt.

Connemara

(Do those of us who sail the Great Lakes call ourselves 'old freshies?' Just wondering.)

Those of us in the PNW call ourselves "ColdSalt".

CaptainHookk 14-05-2012 08:01

Chica...
I'd be interested in knowing more about you and what you're looking for.
Check out my profile and drop me an email.

David
CaptainHookk

dwkfym 15-05-2012 05:39

I'd hope my crewmember wouldn't be someone to be bothered by some light internet sarcasm. :whistling::whistling: You'll run into a lot worse out there..

atoll 15-05-2012 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwkfym (Post 951540)
I'd hope my crewmember wouldn't be someone to be bothered by some light internet sarcasm. :whistling::whistling: You'll run into a lot worse out there..

wot! sarcasm on cf......never.......chica can you post some photos of yourself pref in a bikini:whistling:

oldsalt1987 15-05-2012 06:55

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41049

Vyndance 15-05-2012 07:25

Hey Toll, I think the ball is in your court!

atoll 15-05-2012 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 951596)

great pic! if you are over in the uk the sailing season is just starting

virginia boy 15-05-2012 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by atoll (Post 951629)
great pic! if you are over in the uk the sailing season is just starting

heheh! Suddenly quite meek there Atoll:devil:

Perfect response Chica :p

oldsalt1987 15-05-2012 11:10

far from the uk..im in sunny south florida

atoll 15-05-2012 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 951791)
far from the uk..im in sunny south florida

well if it get's too hot there,i can probaly organise you a berth on a classic yacht for the douarnez festival that is this year.

lots of old saltys there,great fun.:popcorn:

oldsalt1987 16-05-2012 08:27

that would be awesome...

virginia boy 16-05-2012 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by atoll (Post 951836)
well if it get's too hot there,i can probaly organise you a berth on a classic yacht for the douarnez festival that is this year.

lots of old saltys there,great fun.:popcorn:

I'm sending you a picture of me in a bikini. I would like a berth with a private bath please.

Mikey1 18-05-2012 14:45

Hey Chica, We`re going Bermuda-Florida, interested?

atoll 18-05-2012 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 952372)
that would be awesome...

pm me and i will see what i can do,i may be off on a delivery in 5 days time,so sooner the better!

atoll 18-05-2012 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by virginia boy (Post 952391)
I'm sending you a picture of me in a bikini. I would like a berth with a private bath please.

if you post the photo here!!! i can pass it around,meanwhile you might like this..................:flowers:

2 Live Crew - Chesterfield Island - YouTube