Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds Archive (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f137/)
-   -   Want To Buy: Mast Steps Wanted (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f137/mast-steps-wanted-74527.html)

Jolly Roger 10-01-2012 07:29

Mast Steps Wanted

Twenty (20) mast steps wanted. Preferably the folding type.

Gui V 13-01-2012 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Twenty (20) mast steps wanted. Preferably the folding type.

I bought my folding mast steps at www.defender.com

Cheers,

mjwarner 13-01-2012 15:00

Re: Mast Steps Wanted

I see you are in south Florida. Check out Sailorman Marine Supplies and Equipment | Boat Supplies | Marine Store
They are in Ft. Lauderdale. May have what you need, new or used.

chala 14-01-2012 07:36

why dont you build them your-self if you can weld?

Nicholson58 14-01-2012 08:46

3 Attachment(s)
Go to Marine Parts Depot and check out their folding SS steps.

Stainless Steel 316 Folding Mast Step
Stainless Steel 316 Folding Mast Step with Diamond Tread Pattern

I used the second option with the oval, diamond tread plate to make the climb into the V-Berth. For mast steps the smaller pattern may be better.

If you want light weight, look for the plastic folding steps. I've heard good things about them.

By the way, these guys have a lot of SS parts for lower than normal store prices.

Jolly Roger 13-02-2012 09:44

I'm still wanting to buy 22 mast climbing steps. Not folding, the fixed sort, where you put your foot into the step, so it can't slip out.

cruiser6003 13-02-2012 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger (Post 886028)
I'm still wanting to buy 22 mast climbing steps. Not folding, the fixed sort, where you put your foot into the step, so it can't slip out.

JR, I have the fixed Triangle type on my mast as well. Love them... just absolutely love them. MUCH more secure than the folding kind. Drawback is they have added drag and will tangle a line on occasion. On the plus side they give a TREMENDOUS radar cross section.

I use mine as I climb for hooking in the carabiner of my climbing harness. Works great. I also have dual steps (ie directly across from each other) at a perfect height to work on the spreaders, and also at top of mast height.

Jolly Roger 13-02-2012 11:49

Thanks for your reply Joe. I never considered they would offer a better radar blip. I plan to have ratlines up one side of my lower shrouds, then steps the rest of the way and doubles at the top. The best price so far is West Marine.

pressuredrop 13-02-2012 17:29

i just got done with this project, built my own out of 1/8" by 1" aluminum bent them by hand (i am only 150lbs not getting any bigger)... total cost $50 wippiiiee

re: lines tangling in triangle steps, run a piece of 50 lb fishing line from the top step with a half hitch around each step... problem solved

NorthPacific 14-02-2012 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholson58 (Post 860517)
Go to Marine Parts Depot and check out their folding SS steps.

Stainless Steel 316 Folding Mast Step
Stainless Steel 316 Folding Mast Step with Diamond Tread Pattern

I used the second option with the oval, diamond tread plate to make the climb into the V-Berth. For mast steps the smaller pattern may be better.

If you want light weight, look for the plastic folding steps. I've heard good things about them.

By the way, these guys have a lot of SS parts for lower than normal store prices.

My god do you need a top rope to get into bed LOL.

Blaujockel 26-03-2012 00:56

1 Attachment(s)
a non foldable version you can get from www.weltechno.com, ask joe@weltechno.com. The product is not shown on their webside, they are producing for mast producers.
I am using my once since two years.
Attachment 39125

Jolly Roger 26-03-2012 11:05

Thanks for the replies, I found what I am looking for at West Marine.