Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Available: Ready to Set Sail (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/ready-to-set-sail-74142.html)

oldsalt1987 03-01-2012 13:46

Ready to Set Sail

so im a 24 yr old female from the caribbean living in florida. Looking to jump onboard..have little sailing experience but i am a serious boater who loves to fish and dive. Looking to do some good old traveling while im young.

boatman61 03-01-2012 14:17

Re: Ready to set sail

Hey Salty...Welcome to CF...:D

oldsalt1987 03-01-2012 14:34

thank u boatman :)

delmarrey 03-01-2012 15:10

Welcome aboard!

If you were to take some sailing lessons or do some crewing for a yacht club, it would increase your chances for contacts and experience.

Enjoy! :thumb:

Waterway Guide 04-01-2012 06:56

Welcome Aboard! Hope you're sailing soon.

carambo46 08-01-2012 19:22

Hi oldsalt where in fl are you? We are in Clearwater fl. will be heading south for the Keys, and the Dry Tortugas in March. Stopping along the way, enjoying the trip. 32' Irwin Husband & wife. Good little trip to get your feet wet. no wait, really it is a very dry boat!
lol

oldsalt1987 09-01-2012 15:51

thats would be awesome..im in west palm beach..u got me all excited now. i can meet u guys in tampa

RDrechsler 16-01-2012 19:21

Re: Ready to Set Sail

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsalt1987 (Post 851974)
so im a 24 yr old female from the caribbean living in florida. Looking to jump onboard..have little sailing experience but i am a serious boater who loves to fish and dive. Looking to do some good old traveling while im young.

Old salt indeed...LOL. Now I'm an old salt. I'm in need of crew, starting in Mazatlan, then sailing south, probably as far as Puerto Vallarta, then back up into the Sea of Cortez to explore the numerous islands and abundant sealife during the warm spring weather. Not sure exactly what the plan is after that. I could go south, stay in the Sea of Cortez for the summer or take the boat up to California and cruise the Channel Islands during the warm summer month. I cover airfare to get here and all expenses aboard ship and while touring on land. If you have any interest, check out my profile and get back to me. Cheers from Mexico, Dick

blueskyzjonesy 17-01-2012 06:04

Hi all,

Flying into Los Cabo airport 2/18/12 to meet a Capt'n I haven't heard from since 1/1/12....

Anyone out there have some idea's of what the heck an old gray mare (59) might do if said Capt'n doesn't show???

(Dick, I did send you a PM on the chance you might have a spot.)

Diane, aka blueskyzjonesy.

diego di brigi 29-01-2012 03:55

Hello,
we are looking for crew that needs mile buildings or gain experience for a trip from Rome (italy) to Black Sea (and return back) .
Departing time 15 Feb 2012.
Estimating time of the trip , 2/3 months
Share expenses are requiered (few).
Possibilities of onboard alongside the passage plan (Italy, Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria and Romania)
Minimun duration of berth : 1 week
2 skipper onboard
Jeanneau 42 ' - very safety and full equipped

If interested contact me

diego