Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sailing Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   I Would Have .... (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/i-would-have-74037.html)

saylor240 01-01-2012 21:09

I Would Have ....
 
I would have Got _________ But _______.

You fill in the rest..

Got the idea from a different thread.....

Should/Could be boat related ...

Ex-Calif 01-01-2012 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by saylor240
I would have Got _________ But _______.

You fill in the rest..

Got the idea from a different thread.....

Should/Could be boat related ...

I would have got lost and died when the government unplugged the gps system but I had josh slocums grandfather on board who plotted our position to ten feet from our pitching deck in 30 foot waves with his sextant.

saylor240 01-01-2012 21:21

Re: I would have....
 
I'm Read Sailing Alone around the world-Slocum right now...Can't believe you sailed with him, that's awesome..lmao. You meet the Captain of the Pinta Also?...lol

Waterway Guide 02-01-2012 08:01

Re: I would have....
 
That's just about as possible as some of Josh's stories! ;)

sailorboy1 02-01-2012 08:17

Re: I would have....
 
I would have GOT a small boat after having spent years going around and sailing on other people's boats because as I've read here that is the only way to learn to sail, BUT decided to get a 39' boat as my starter cruiser boat that could sail anywhere I wanted to go in order to skip right to learning how to cruise; until after 2 years decided a bigger boat was more comfortable and worth it in the long run. This was possible because I knew basic navigation, had a GPS/chart plotter, knew how to read up on things etc and already knew I wasn't in general an idiot.

Amapola 02-01-2012 08:50

Re: I would have....
 
I would have bought a Nordhavn or Krogan but I couldn't afford one.

Ex-Calif 02-01-2012 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by saylor240
I'm Read Sailing Alone around the world-Slocum right now...Can't believe you sailed with him, that's awesome..lmao. You meet the Captain of the Pinta Also?...lol

It was Slocum's grandfather. I think he taught Gallileo...

senormechanico 02-01-2012 09:04

Re: I would have....
 
I would have gotten laid when I was in eighth grade by a friendly girl with big hooters, but I was too young to take advantage of the signs I was being given...

captainKJ 02-01-2012 10:03

Re: I would have....
 
already knew I wasn't in general an idiot.

NO COMMENT DON :whistling::whistling::whistling:

sailorboy1 02-01-2012 10:16

Re: I would have....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by captainKJ (Post 850938)
already knew I wasn't in general an idiot.

NO COMMENT DON :whistling::whistling::whistling:


I would have got a stuffed animal to take out one weekend, but I took a glorified sandwich maker out instead! :flowers:

captainKJ 02-01-2012 10:19

Re: I would have....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Lucas (Post 850947)
I would have got a stuffed animal to take out one weekend, but I took a glorified sandwich maker out instead! :flowers:


That hurt :banghead::banghead::banghead::D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.