Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Wanted: North Atlantic Crossing (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/north-atlantic-crossing-73298.html)

tate 17-12-2011 12:57

North Atlantic Crossing

I am looking for crew for North Atlantic crossing starting May 2012. Some offshore experience required. Well equipped 50 foot cutter. Leaving from Chesapeake Bay to Norway and beyond. Stepping stone route.

doclisner 09-01-2012 11:27

Re: North Atlantic crossing

Hello,

I am a semi-retired physician who has a 26' wood Falmouth Cutter built in
Cornwall in 1948. Most of my sailing experience is off Vancouver Island in
the Gulf and San Juan Islands. I'm wondering how long a voyage you envision. I am 66, love sailing and look forward to hearing from you.

John Gordon

Cliff 09-01-2012 12:51

Hi Tate,

Would like to hear more of your plans ane of your boat.

54 year old retired firefighter/paramedic. Four trans-Atlantics, a trans-Pac, full e&w coasts of the US and Mexico, et al. Have all my own gear, stand my own watches.
CV and extensive references on request.

Cliff

webejammin 09-01-2012 12:58

Here's a 45 min documentery on sailing the north Atlantic from Annapolis to England hope this is some help Gemini 105Mc - Transatlantic Voyage on Vimeo

Cliff 09-01-2012 14:54

Please check your PM's.

doclisner 09-01-2012 18:25

Hello Cliff,

Thanks for the video link; they had a great sail! I'd love to hear more about your boat. Sounds like I would need a month altogether to fly out, sail and fly back.
Love those big waves!

John

webejammin 10-01-2012 01:38

Remember the boat your sailing probably won't do 18 kt's surfing waves and 15.5 kt's motorsailing in a 20 kt breeze or sailing a steady 10 kt's in a 20 breeze. I love the part near the end where there near the shores of England motorsailing at 15.5 kt's in a 20 kt breeze.
I would estimate more time sailing at 8 kt's in a monohull We love our Gemini 105Mc with the screecher sail and try to get out sailing every chance we get, usually about twice a week. What other questions do you have about our boat?

michaelbeck 07-02-2012 18:47

How many are you looking for? We are three 25 yr olds, minimal sailing experience (but we plan to learn in the next couple months as much as possible), great cooks, competent, intelligent, fun to be around, just built a house, living on a farm, want to explore the world. Our goal is to get to Estonia where we have friends and are starting a business with.

Get in touch if you want some high energy deckhands!
-Michael Beck.

TracyT 28-04-2012 17:13

Re: North Atlantic Crossing

Please let me know if this crew request is available, I am reliable and have sailing experience
tracytripp85311@gmail.com
thank you