Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Wanted: Looking for Volunteer Crew - Honolulu to Saipan in January 2012 (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/looking-for-volunteer-crew-honolulu-to-saipan-in-january-2012-a-72289.html)

CMiles 27-11-2011 02:54

Looking for Volunteer Crew - Honolulu to Saipan in January 2012

I'll be sailing a 51ft. ketch w/ my family of 4 from Honolulu to Saipan in January and am looking for 2 or 3 volunteer crew members. If you are up for an adventure and have bluewater experience please send me a PM with your sailing resume and contact information.

Cheers,
CMiles

iseaker48 30-11-2011 15:30

Re: Looking for Volunteer Crew - Honolulu to Saipan in January 2012

My name is Michael. I am 55 years old and am in good health. I learned to sail on Lake Erie. I have some experience in open water sailing from Ft Myers Florida to St Lucia. Not much more than that but I am pesparate to get home to my wife and children in the Philippines. I would appreciate all consideration and maybe forward me to someone else that can get me as close as possible to the Philippines.

CMiles 30-11-2011 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by iseaker48 (Post 828710)
My name is Michael. I am 55 years old and am in good health. I learned to sail on Lake Erie. I have some experience in open water sailing from Ft Myers Florida to St Lucia. Not much more than that but I am pesparate to get home to my wife and children in the Philippines. I would appreciate all consideration and maybe forward me to someone else that can get me as close as possible to the Philippines.

Michael, please send me a PM with your contact information, more detailed experience and references (sorry, must be extra cautious with my family aboard).

Any experience in heavy weather? How long have you been sailing? Are you in Hawaii?

Chris in Hawaii 03-12-2011 01:34

Aloha Miles, I live in Hawaii and have 30 years sailing experience. Mostly multi hulls but have delivered an Endeavor 41 from FL to St Martin. I owned a 28 Cross Tri in Florida and sailed the Bahamas & keys for many years. I have an expired 100 ton license with a sail addendum. Didn't see any need to keep it current. Are you in HI now. We can meet up at my office at the Hawaii Yacht Club to discuss my experience and your requirements.

I am seeking a Pacific Crossing before I purchase my own boat which I plan to use for a sabbatical with my wife through the SP. I am 56 years old in great health and race a Miracle 20 catamaran and those are really physical and fast to race. Yes I am married, no kids, and own a home here on Oahu. Chris L.