Cruisers & Sailing Forums (
-   Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy (

nelsonsmoody 26-12-2006 15:40

Happy holidays everyone!

Does anyone ever cover their inflatable dingy tubes???
I have a Avon 310 HB rib ( ::: BOATFINDER*::: )
white:mad: can't keep it clean so I'm covering up.
Any Ideas or input????:)

Pete the Cat 26-12-2006 15:52

Inflatable Covers
Folks do this regularly down in Mexico and beyond. There is a guy in Mazatlan who does a heck of a job. I would think a local canvas worker could do this for your where ever you are.

Sunspot Baby 26-12-2006 16:06

West Marine sells what they call "chaps" for your very boat.


nelsonsmoody 26-12-2006 18:10

Thank you, Pete and Sunspot Baby

Sunspot Baby I did not find any info. on West Marine website but I did find on goggle.
results= Doyle marine.
Doyle marine shows on their website West marine as a retailer.

yotphix 26-12-2006 23:27

While it is usually true that the west website has everything you see in the stores and or the catalogue, they do like to remind you that they are separate entities. Try calling a store and asking for them. (good luck, hope you get the one guy who knows the stock!)

viking69 27-12-2006 03:43

yep i have a cover on mine to protect it. had it custom made and everyone down here uses them. can send you some pics etc if you like.

nelsonsmoody 27-12-2006 05:58

Thanks, going to call West marine in Mystic ct. today.
I have been talking with someone at Defender marine outlet for custom fit but having trouble with the how to stay on the boat.
please photos will help.:smiling:

cat man do 27-12-2006 06:01

I have seen deflatables painted with acrylic housepaint before as this not only protects the fabric from UV, but on poorly painted ones it looks quite ugly, therefore making it less atractive to thieves.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.