Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/)
-   -   My worries about 'Burgee's'.... (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/my-worries-about-burgees-62794.html)

boatman61 21-06-2011 04:46

My worries about 'Burgee's'....

My CF Burgee arrived today...:thumb:
I must say I'm well impressed with the quality and strength of make and materials... beats the hell outa anything 'commercial'out there....
My first ever 'Burgee' to boot...
Why have I finally got one...?
guess its coz I enjoy rapping with a generally genuine group of 'Crazy Folks' who are also individualistic... and are prepared to fight for their way of life..
and also a tad curious to see how many boats 'Do a Runner' when one drifts into the anchorage... :p
CF is great fun... and the 'walking the line' on postings is nearly as addictive as seeing how high one can lift a hull before the flip... or polishing the rust off the exhausts on a winding country road...
Does this mean I'm now 'Institutionalised'....

goboatingnow 21-06-2011 04:56

Re: My worries about 'Burgee's'....

Quote:

Does this mean I'm now 'Institutionalised'....
absolutly, a sad geeky figure, flying a burgee, hopeing to meet forumites, Has the empire come to this I ask myself

Where will I fit mine, alongside the other 4 I fly ??

Dave

IdoraKeeper 21-06-2011 04:58

I know you put this up here to tantalize all the registered users...we are green with envy. I think I will assauge my feelings with a good dose of taping and painting.

Is it hot over there yet?

Todd

Blue Stocking 21-06-2011 05:03

What type of "institution" were you thinking of admitting yourself to? :confused:

boatman61 21-06-2011 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Stocking (Post 712647)
What type of "institution" were you thinking of admitting yourself to? :confused:

Thats the strange thing about 'Institutions'...
We rarely put 'ourselves' there.... thats taken care off by the 'Great and Good'...:p

Blue Stocking 21-06-2011 05:28

ROTFLMFAO. Enough!!Enough. I know when I'm beaten. :D:D:D

rowingdude 21-06-2011 07:56

I saw a boat and their backstay was pretty much all burgees while in port. They said they collected them from various ports they visited. Starting a collection now?

zeehag 21-06-2011 08:13

i have total of 2 burgees and i really dont fly em unless i am expecting company from one of the 2 forums from which these come..... or unless i see one of the 2 flying-- then i will put that one up and say hay....i have cf and sbo.....nice burgees--wanna get one of bubba daboatkat and one of my zee hag avvie.....lol would be fun....
boaty---you ARE an institution.....LOL

cwyckham 21-06-2011 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeehag
i have total of 2 burgees and i really dont fly em unless i am expecting company from one of the 2 forums from which these come..... or unless i see one of the 2 flying-- then i will put that one up and say hay....i have cf and sbo.....nice burgees--wanna get one of bubba daboatkat and one of my zee hag avvie.....lol would be fun....
boaty---you ARE an institution.....LOL

You should put the zee hag avatar on your spinnaker. Don't waste it on a tiny burgee!

zeehag 21-06-2011 11:01

was thinking of having her painted into my mizzen--as i sail under jib n jigger mostly....

Unicorn Dreams 21-06-2011 16:06

GO FOR IT Zeehag,

I'll fly my burgees when entering a new anchorage or when a new boat enters...

downunder 21-06-2011 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by goboatingnow (Post 712640)
absolutly, a sad geeky figure, flying a burgee, hopeing to meet forumites, Has the empire come to this I ask myself

Dave

sad, sad situation.

David_Old_Jersey 21-06-2011 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by goboatingnow (Post 712640)

Dave

Above the house flag, but below the family standard / coat of arms.

Peasants :rolleyes:

zeehag 21-06-2011 18:15

ROFLMO.......

cat man do 21-06-2011 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 712629)
guess its coz I enjoy rapping with a generally genuine group of 'Crazy Folks' who are also individualistic... and are prepared to fight for their way of life..

Individuals?
LOL
54000 members
189 members and 1,229 guests on line right now