Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Atlantic & the Caribbean (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   I just dont get it - Why? Why St Thomas? (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/i-just-dont-get-it-why-why-st-thomas-62156.html)

SweetSerenity 09-06-2011 20:57

I just dont get it - Why? Why St Thomas?

What could possibly be so appealing about ST Thomas??? Please enlighten me? nothing personal intended....what could possibly be so appealing about ST Thomas...where they have to put an IRON cage around the pop machines....I have been there twice....and dont care top spend another minute or dime in a place so crimew ridden and disgusting!!!:banghead:

VirtualVagabond 09-06-2011 22:48

Re: I just dont get it??? Why??? WHY ST THOMAS??

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetSerenity (Post 704856)
What could possibly be so appealing about ST Thomas??? Please enlighten me? nothing personal intended....what could possibly be so appealing about ST Thomas...where they have to put an IRON cage around the pop machines....I have been there twice....and dont care top spend another minute or dime in a place so crimew ridden and disgusting!!!:banghead:

Sooo... what do you really think. Don't hold back...

gonesail 09-06-2011 22:59

unless you know someone there .. maybe a couple of beaches and an airport.

Lexam 09-06-2011 23:00

Guess that's the benefit of having a boat. :whistling:

savoir 09-06-2011 23:32

Trying to make Kingston look good ?

pillum 09-06-2011 23:37

Cheapest US airline gateway to the BVI?

bvimatelot 10-06-2011 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillum (Post 704900)
Cheapest US airline gateway to the BVI?

Yep - But hey, Don't Tell Everyone eh?

Rubikoop 10-06-2011 07:48

Quote:

You said it all in the first question of your subject heading. You just don't get it... nothing personal intended.

You ask, "What could be so appealing?" There are many things, but by your own admission you don't get it. You've asked to be enlightened but then follow up stating that you don't want to spend another minute or dime here. It would appear your mind is already made up. That's a very unique position to take when asking for enlightenment. St Thomas, along with the other USVI aren't for everyone. Obviously they aren't for you, which is fine. I've traveled many places around the world and found some I didn't like and would never return to as well.

Since you've been here twice, I'm a little curious by your experiences that brought you to your opinions. Was your first visit so bad that you decided to come back again? Did something unpleasant happen on your second visit? Where you a victim of crime on both of your visits? What happened? Where were you when the crimes occurred? What time was it? How did the police handle it when you contacted them?

Where did you see the iron cage around the pop machine? I've no doubt that you saw it, I just can't think of where that might be.

offline 10-06-2011 08:06

I guess the original poster hasn't been to Trinidad... everywhere I looked in Port of Spain there was concertina wire on top of walls and buildings.

s/v 'Faith' 10-06-2011 08:15

You must not speak! The emperor DOES have clothes on... he does too...!

Magen's bay! https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...magens-bay.jpg All the gift shops!

What more is there to want? Maybe even a place to buy a cheeseburger and hear some piped in Jimmy Buffet music while rubbing elbows with the cruise ship 'cruisers'...

Quote:

John A 10-06-2011 08:38

It's big enough so that one can ignore cruisiers who are full of negitive judgements and delight in voiceing their opinions..
It is one of the few places in the Caibbean where you can find US stores to buy better clothes and stuff plus US brands of food.
It has a US Social Security office to resolve any issues.
Immigration and Customs is easier than St John IMO.
The large American Flag on the SE corner looks great to we who have been cruising awhile.
Being on a boat, I found that if I didn't like where I was, I could go somewhere else.

captainKJ 10-06-2011 08:48

I would rather walk in downtown miami at night dead drunk in a bikini than go to the USVI,,,,,I would be safer in miami,,,,

Bill Burgette 10-06-2011 08:54

Quote:

I would rather walk in downtown miami at night dead drunk in a bikini than go to the USVI,,,,,I would be safer in miami,,,,
I hope you're a woman and not a guy.

captainKJ 10-06-2011 09:08

1 Attachment(s)
does it really matter????????

Lifegoal2sail 10-06-2011 09:21

OK, that's just wrong.