Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Leopard Catamarans, Robertson & Caine (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f151/)
-   -   Leopard 44: New Leopard 44 (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f151/new-leopard-44-a-55269.html)

bradb 19-02-2011 12:48

New Leopard 44

Has anyone seen the new Leopard 44 at the Miami Boat Show ?
If you have let's hear about it. Any pictures ?
Thanks
Brad

Aussiesuede 19-02-2011 13:02

Not seen it. This is the only pic I can find.

https://www.miamiboatshow.com/assets/...3f2ad572c7.jpg

capcook 19-02-2011 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradb (Post 623329)
Has anyone seen the new Leopard 44 at the Miami Boat Show ?
If you have let's hear about it. Any pictures ?
Thanks
Brad

Saw it yesterday really liked the new forward doorway but no island bed :-(

I really thought the lagoon 42 was best value for the money, you really can't beat the space for the money and it has island bed. If I could spend 3x what the lagoon 42 goes for then I would get the discovery 50. I was surprised to see the oran a 45 I had chartered on the cheasapeake this summer. Still like that boat too. Great show btw.

Cheers

Greenzilla 20-02-2011 01:53

Didn't take a pic but will tryto today at the show. The overall design is very inventive with the front cockpit seemingly coming from magic since nothing else was noticably smaller. Definitely our second choice from first impression. Great steering station with the potential for real weather protection since not a flybridge. Front cockpit definitely a winner and likely to be the favorite spot since in shade and easy access from inside thru a dogged door. Not sure of performance impact though as it looks like a big air scoop. Interior nicely done including reasonable galley for size.

Tom and Maje 20-02-2011 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenzilla (Post 623659)
Didn't take a pic but will tryto today at the show. The overall design is very inventive with the front cockpit seemingly coming from magic since nothing else was noticably smaller. Definitely our second choice from first impression. Great steering station with the potential for real weather protection since not a flybridge. Front cockpit definitely a winner and likely to be the favorite spot since in shade and easy access from inside thru a dogged door. Not sure of performance impact though as it looks like a big air scoop. Interior nicely done including reasonable galley for size.

I'd love to see some pictures, if you would be so kind.

Maje

bradb 20-02-2011 06:42

Thanks for the reply's. Looking forward to some photo's.
How does the quality of work look ?
Thanks
Brad

Greenzilla 20-02-2011 12:06

4 Attachment(s)
Typical leopard quality. On second view there are some ral compromises but still nice boat

Tom and Maje 21-02-2011 06:57

Re: New Leopard 44

Greenzilla.

Thank you for the pictures.

Maje

MNLandLoc 22-02-2011 11:34

My wife and I saw the boat at the show and really liked it. She really loved the forward cockpit. I think it is going to be a big hit and I am predicting that a few other builders will start to copy it.

Intentional Drifter 22-02-2011 11:48

All I've seen are the pictures, so those who have seen the boat, help me understand how that would not be a great place to trap a ton or two (literally) of water in rough seas?

ID

slap 22-02-2011 11:51

It looks like all of the sail handling can only be done at the normal aft steering station - if you had to release a line, you have to either go through the main cabin or climb out of the forward cockpit and walk aft.

Abaco 22-02-2011 11:52

I spent an hour or so on the boat Thurs. night during the Leopard coctail party. The fact that the boat has in effect 3 social areas is very nice. Having a "front door" would really open up the boat enhancing the air flow while at anchor and sailing in moderate conditions. The only two items I saw that could be improved upon are the galley sink and the dining table. This boat is set up with a "coffee table" in the main salon and the full size table aft. They are not interchangable, like the Lagoon design where these tables can be swapped. The galley sink is just way too small for my taste. Washing dishes after a meal for 6 to 8 people would be a chore.

Overall, I like the boat.

Southern Star 22-02-2011 11:54

It seems that forward cockpit hasn't come from nothing, but as a result of moving the bridgedeck further forward.

Brad

bradb 22-02-2011 17:38

What was the base price at the show ?
Thanks
Brad

Greenzilla 23-02-2011 09:41

I think it was around 450k. 550k for typical setup like the show boat. Galley had very little storage. Could not find a drawer for utensils or silverwear. Front cockpit had large drain in floor so would drain sufficiently. Options list had a front curtain available to block weather. Most of the front cockpit space came from the trampolines. With a foot or so from the cabin. Leopard rep told us they had a full size cabin table that stowed in the front locker