Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum News & Announcements (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   New Look for Our Community ! (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f58/new-look-for-our-community-44287.html)

Andy R 27-07-2010 09:48

I'll look into the reason why the text size is not resizing properly.

delmarrey 27-07-2010 10:23

The search function, at the top, doesn't work anymore (for me, iMac).

brianontheroad 27-07-2010 10:42

I like it....makes me feel like I'm not using a BBS :)

dacust 27-07-2010 10:45

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dacust (Post 492269)
I can tell which have unread posts by the little arrow, but there is no difference in bold/nobold on my screen. (See attachment)

I see a new wrinkle.

In the image I posted first, there were originally four threads with unread posts. I read the posts in 3 of them, then took the screen shot. Every thing was bold.

When I looked just now, it seems to behave differently:
  1. A thread that has un-read posts is bold.
  2. A thread that has new posts and I read them, the heading un-bolds.
  3. A thread that I read all the posts prior to the change, the heading is bold.

-dan

DeepFrz 27-07-2010 10:59

I don't mind the color but if you decide to change it how about a nice desert tan. Blue is just to MS.

Bill_R 27-07-2010 11:05

Great!

I think the new layout looks really good. A lot more modern and "sleek". Not the way I prefer my boats, but the way I prefer my websites. Good on ya! :thumb:

Andy R 27-07-2010 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by delmarrey (Post 492338)
The search function doesn't work anymore (for me, iMac).

It's working for me. Which search box are you searching from? Can you elaborate more on the "not working" part? Is it just nothing shows up, you get an error or what?

TaoJones 27-07-2010 11:22

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 492371)
It's working for me. Which search box are you searching from? Can you elaborate more on the "not working" part? Is it just nothing shows up, you get an error or what?

It may be a Mac issue, Andy. I'm getting it, too. Neither Search function (vBulletin, Google) is working. Here's a screen shot of the error message.

GordMay 27-07-2010 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaoJones (Post 492378)
It may be a Mac issue, Andy. I'm getting it, too. Neither Search function (vBulletin, Google) is working. Here's a screen shot of the error message.

Exactly - me to two too, err, I also.

delmarrey 27-07-2010 11:33

The link in Gords post works but I'm getting the same as TeoJones in all three boxes.

BTW I'm getting use to the scheme already but the color make me thinks I'm get'n too close to shore. :D

David_Old_Jersey 27-07-2010 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by delmarrey (Post 492387)
BTW I'm getting use to the scheme already but the color make me thinks I'm get'n too close to shore. :D

The Ships wheel on the Quote button is 110% naff.

And please release more smilies :thumb: - everyone knows the toolbox has a squillion in there.

dacust 27-07-2010 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordMay (Post 492383)
Exactly - me to two too, err, I also.

Mee three.

Windows XP Pro
  • Firefox 3.6.7
  • IE 6.0.2900.5512
From Search drop-down, key something in Google Custom Search box, and click "GO"

-dan

FSMike 27-07-2010 12:44

I like the new look, but I wish there was about an inch more blue sky and clouds up top to assist in my daydreams.

Therapy 27-07-2010 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey (Post 492405)
The Ships wheel on the Quote button is 110% naff.

And please release more smilies :thumb: - everyone knows the toolbox has a squillion in there.

For sure!

Plus you can put a lot of them across the bottom of the typing page where now you have 28 mostly unused icons for messages. you could have 50 we use. That is 50,000 (yes - fifty thousand) words. Think about it.

The color? - Sort of like Delmurray says.

Some of these sites have choices at the bottom. I would go back to what I am familiar with.

I am not one to change the color of my house, car, wall, floor or any other thing I use every day either. That is more of a "girl" thing. I am not caught up in the 21st century "feminine side" crap either.

We shall see about the rest.

But hey, it ain't mine. I just use it.

Just don't go so far with all the jazz that some others have (how do I not say s***n**) where there is so much flashing junk that everything takes so long to load that one leaves in disgust shortly after arriving.

sailingmonica 27-07-2010 12:56

Noooooooo!

I hate it when the stores I normally shop at change things around and I can't find anything anymore.

I presume there is a reason why you guys changed the look of this site (no, I did not read the first post where you probably justify it ). It's just that I do not like change, but I will adapt.

So, now that we are sporting a new look on the net, what about that burgee?????