Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Engines and Propulsion Systems (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f54/need-diagram-perkins-4-107-fuel-injection-pump-38491.html)

anrimia 29-03-2010 02:02

Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
I have a fuel leak at the throttle control arm and want to try repair myself but need a diagram of the fuel injector pump to see what seal it could possibly be and to get the parts. is there someone who has a link for the schematic or can send it to me. it is the earlier model and im sorry no serial number on it. its a 1973 perkins 4-107 older model

Laidback 29-03-2010 04:17

Hi, do you have a photo of the place where you believe the fuel leak is occurring, What make of Injector pump - Bosch?

roberttigar 29-03-2010 04:27

Perkins 4.107
 
I have workshop manual for the 4.107/4.108/4.199. and a parts manual for the 108. If you cant find other data, I can xerox and fax or mail the data you need. However, I think its this website that has extensive files of manuals. Bob

GordMay 29-03-2010 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberttigar (Post 427416)
... I think its this website that has extensive files of manuals. Bob

Right you are, Bob.

Here’s the CF listing of links to Online Shop Manuals
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...uals-8758.html

Which includes, among many others:

Westerbeke 4-107 Manuals

Technical ➥ westerbeke, marine generators, engines, Official Site

Parts ➥ https://www.westerbeke.com/OnlineManuals/13765_Rev_7.pdf

anrimia 31-03-2010 01:28

leak
 
I have the manual for the engine but it doesn't have a schematic or a parts diagram of the pump.

As for the pic i don't have one right now but i know the leak is coming from where the throttle arm is mounted or pivots at the pump. my guess is an O ring is leaking or the housing has warn out. but i don't want to dissassemble until i get a diagram. I also don't know which pump brand it is they put a couple diff ones on this engine. but there are no readable numbers on it.

Thank you for the responses.

landfall 05-08-2011 16:36

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
i'm sharing your pain. Hopefully i can share in the solution.

I have a fuel leak where the throttle actuator arm enters the injector pump body on my Perkins 4.108 marine engine (actual engine number obscured, can only see partial number "ED700 81
649717" )

The Lucas CAV pump type is DPA: 3247F190.

The engine runs just beautifully so I'm loathe to go to the inconvenience and cost of a complete injector pump replacement right now (about $1,000 all in). I have the bushing and gasket service kit for this pump.

My question is - how can I replace the actuator arm bushings without removing the complete pump?

Has anybody tracked down a diagram for the pump?

Thank you.

Landfall

Laidback 05-08-2011 17:01

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by landfall (Post 745302)
i'm sharing your pain. Hopefully i can share in the solution.

I have a fuel leak where the throttle actuator arm enters the injector pump body on my Perkins 4.108 marine engine (actual engine number obscured, can only see partial number "ED700 81
649717" )

The Lucas CAV pump type is DPA: 3247F190.

The engine runs just beautifully so I'm loathe to go to the inconvenience and cost of a complete injector pump replacement right now (about $1,000 all in). I have the bushing and gasket service kit for this pump.

My question is - how can I replace the actuator arm bushings without removing the complete pump?

Has anybody tracked down a diagram for the pump?

Thank you.

Landfall

Here is a pdf which has diagrams, could not attach
too big - send me a PM with your Email and I will send you the PDF.

capttman 05-08-2011 17:03

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
Well I hope you have better luck than I did. The pump does not like the new fuel, low sulfur, and almost all rubber in my pump had disintegrated. I got a rebuilt with nitrile which should be more accepting of the low sulfur fuel.. Good luck.

landfall 06-08-2011 08:06

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laidback (Post 745315)
Here is a pdf which has diagrams, could not attach
too big - send me a PM with your Email and I will send you the PDF.

Many thanks for the manual Laidback.

I plan to do the work in November - too much cruising to do in British Columbia until then.

Landfall

Ps...I made a temporary fix by concocting an external O ring of rubber bands wrapped around the actuator shaft where it enters the pump body...significantly lessens the drip.

L

phorvati 28-11-2011 08:12

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
Does anyone know the what pump numbers stand for, are any of the models interchangeable.
Is the 4 cylinder CAV DPA rebuild kit applicable to any CAV DPA pump?

Mine is
CAV DPA 3249F020 (i know that 4 stands for 4 cylinders.)
PH30/500/6 3190
these are the governor settings, and 3190 is max RPM.


So would 3247F190 be a suitable replacement?

Blue Stocking 28-11-2011 08:50

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
An interesting looking website for parts is TractorByNet.com. Seems to be a good lead for the smaller diesels we seem to have questions about.

phorvati 06-12-2011 19:38

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
by far the best looking explanation on pump adjustments, torque specs and operation with detailed pics.
https://www.solidebolide.nl/downloads...ction-pump.pdf

ulpilot45 06-12-2011 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrimia
I have a fuel leak at the throttle control arm and want to try repair myself but need a diagram of the fuel injector pump to see what seal it could possibly be and to get the parts. is there someone who has a link for the schematic or can send it to me. it is the earlier model and im sorry no serial number on it. its a 1973 perkins 4-107 older model

Hi if you need any diagrams or specs for your 4-107 pump I have them send me a pm and I will get you al you need and can help with tec advice as I am a fuel injection shop owner and factory cert to repair hyd dpa pumps

sww914 06-12-2011 19:50

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
There are two basic pumps in this size range, they're hydraulically governed and mechanically governed. The part numbers refer to the way that it's timed and calibrated more than they do to the part it's self.
I had mine exchanged for a rebuilt unit at SW Diesel in Wilmington, Ca for $600.00 and I got it the next day. Installation is straightforward but you must have a 1/4" allen head socket and an extension to reach the bolt closest to the block. You can make one by cutting an allen wrench and taping or glueing it in a 1/4" socket.

morgan38 19-01-2012 12:38

Re: Need Diagram - Perkins 4-107 Fuel Injection Pump
 
I have a 1984 Perkins 4-108 with the Bowen heat exchanger. It has the fuel injector pump similar to the one on page N8 in the workshop manual. It is a Lucas CAV hydraulically governed (early and current) DPA pump type described in the manual.

Is this part number 3247F190?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.