Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum News & Announcements (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   View New Posts / Mark All Forums Read (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f58/view-new-posts-mark-all-forums-read-301.html)

Gisle 12-05-2003 00:15

View New Posts / Mark All Forums Read

I hope you have discovered these links:
  • View new posts
  • Mark all forums read

I have read comments on another forum that it's hard to find what discussions are going on here.

When you press "View new posts" you will see the latest posts. If you "Mark all forums read" before you leave, forums with new posts will be marked with an anchor when you return.

Threads with new posts will always be lifted to the top of the forum-list. Editing a post will not give the same result.

GordMay 04-07-2010 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gisle (Post 943)
... Threads with new posts will always be lifted to the top of the forum-list. Editing a post will not give the same result.

I wonder how this post bubbled up?

TaoJones 04-07-2010 04:54

Someone had added a post to it asking how to post a question, and I moved that post to its own thread in the Tech Support & Site Help Forum. I guess you saw this post of Gisle's before I was able to make the change - which would have dropped this thread deeply back into the list of threads where the new member found it.

It's resurrected for good, now. :smiling:

TaoJones

sarafina 08-07-2010 08:54

I haven't found these links... where are they?

wait, nebber mind I see 'em...

fer those as clueless as I the new posts link is in the skinny link bar I always fergit ta look in....

(taking dunce hat off now ; -)

SaucySailoress 09-07-2010 10:06

Sarafina must be cleverer than me then!! I have the "mark all" - that's in the 'quick links at the top.... So far, so good. However, I can't find the "view new posts". Where is is? I can the the "New Posts" link on the blue strip at the top, but when I click on that, no anchors for the threads I have clicked "mark all".

And another thing, I usually have several threads in several tabs open at a time - when I figure this out will I have to mark each and every tab I have open, or just once when I leave the site before I close my browser?

sarafina 09-07-2010 10:07

on the left find where it says *user CP* in a blue bar and scan to the right!

SaucySailoress 09-07-2010 16:02

Found that one - but it does nothing but take me to the New Posts - not the ones I've tried to anchor.... duh, it's a ditzy day for me. ctually, a ditzy week - cos that's how long I've been trying to figure this out...

SaucySailoress 26-07-2010 23:07

OK - I figured out what I'm doing wrong, and it's nothing!!

I'm looking for a different facility. Is there a link where I can see all the posts to which I am subscribed.... (I had to disable to email notifications of responses to my posts, 'cos many were on popular threads, and I was getting too many notifications to read!)

SaucySailoress 26-07-2010 23:09

Now then, I wouldn't want you to think I'm daft - I do know about the blue 'profile' button - but that only shows really old subscribed threads for some reason....

delmarrey 26-07-2010 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaza Dana (Post 492061)
Is there a link where I can see all the posts to which I am subscribed....

Goto the top of the page and click on 'User CP' and then look on the left side of the page. That should get you started. :)

SaucySailoress 04-08-2010 03:59

Pleeeeeeeease help me....

How do I get to see recently subscribed threads?

User CP, and subscribed threads only help me see threads I subscribed to months ago... I don't seem to be able to find a way to review recently subscribed threads....

Hud3 04-08-2010 05:23

We'll look into it, Kate. Thanks.

For now, click on "View All Subscribed Threads" in your User CP to see all the threads you're subscribed to. The most recent should be on top.

delmarrey 04-08-2010 10:25

Or you can click on your own name and goto "find more posts by (YOURSELF)"

Janice 21-08-2010 15:31

I wondered how MarkJ always comment on new posts :)

I thought ...does he browse every category every day?

Gee, now I know!

Janet H 21-08-2010 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janice (Post 506587)
I wondered how MarkJ always comment on new posts :)

I thought ...does he browse every category every day?

Gee, now I know!

I am fairly certain MarkJ is psychic and knows what will be posted in advance of the actual post....

:D