Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Positions: Wanted & Available (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Crew Wanted: Urgent - Bermuda (St George's) to Azores (Ponta Delgada) (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f30/urgent-bermuda-st-georges-to-azores-ponta-delgada-264833.html)

Anima_Alex 25-05-2022 00:59

Urgent - Bermuda (St George's) to Azores (Ponta Delgada)

Urgent crew needed - 2 spots available
(latest possible) departure: 28 May 2022 (Saturday)
From St George's in the Bermudas to Ponta Delgada in the Azores.

Boat: Najad 390, fully equipped according to ARC standards (more details can be provided by email)

Cost: US$1800 per person (negotiable according to sailing experience and functions onboard)
Transportation, visa/immigration fees not included
Shared costs for food and marina

The boat left from Bonaire, heading directly to the Azores, but due to poor wind conditions, a stop in the Bermuda was required as two crew members could not continue the voyage due to new timelines, readjusted according to weather conditions.

Alex is an experienced captain, having crossed the Atlantic twice, in addition to more than 20 years of coastal and offshore sailing experience in different types of boats.

STTVI 25-05-2022 20:53

Re: Urgent - Bermuda (St George's) to Azores (Ponta Delgada)

so you want emergency voyage help and expect someone to fly into bermuda at their own unpaid expense and then pay you $1800 plus bear additional fees and costs? that's some hell of a package you put together.. good luck finding someone to buy it..you might want to start by offering their airfare and providing provisioning lol

stormalong 25-05-2022 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by STTVI (Post 3629144)
so you want emergency voyage help and expect someone to fly into bermuda at their own unpaid expense and then pay you $1800 plus bear additional fees and costs? that's some hell of a package you put together.. good luck finding someone to buy it..you might want to start by offering their airfare and providing provisioning lol

Well said. OP expects someone to drop everything, fly to Bermuda to help owner to cross to Azores on three days notice AND pay for the privilege?

Not bloody likely.

LittleWing77 26-05-2022 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by STTVI (Post 3629144)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormalong (Post 3629150)
Well said. OP expects someone to drop everything, fly to Bermuda to help owner to cross to Azores on three days notice AND pay for the privilege?

Not bloody likely.

++2 :thumb:

Plus, this illusory 'emergency' crew, after shelling out $1800, must trust - sight unseen - that this Najad 39 is, in fact, properly equipped and sound for a transatlantic, and that the captain does have requisite experience... :rolleyes:

Sorry to be so dubious,
LW77

boatman61 26-05-2022 03:02

Warning flags galore on this one.. its funny how many Skippers think crewing for them is a privilege to be paid for.. :biggrin:

goboatingnow 26-05-2022 03:04

Deluded people everywhere expecting others to pay for their hobby

LittleWing77 26-05-2022 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 3629209)
Warning flags galore on this one.. its funny how many Skippers think crewing for them is a privilege to be paid for.. :biggrin:

I dunno, Boatie... I might pay for a chance to crew with you. :smitten:

How does a case of craft Canadian beer sound? :cheers:

Mostly, though, I want to check out your curry-making skills!

LittleWing77 :biggrin:

boatman61 26-05-2022 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleWing77 (Post 3629219)
I dunno, Boatie... I might pay for a chance to crew with you. :smitten:

How does a case of craft Canadian beer sound? :cheers:

Mostly, though, I want to check out your curry-making skills!

LittleWing77 :biggrin:

With your experience shouldn't I be the one to pay..???
:biggrin:

Kd9truck 26-05-2022 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleWing77 (Post 3629207)
++2 :thumb:

Plus, this illusory 'emergency' crew, after shelling out $1800, must trust - sight unseen - that this Najad 39 is, in fact, properly equipped and sound for a transatlantic, and that the captain does have requisite experience... :rolleyes:

Sorry to be so dubious,
LW77

Bang on mate!!
+++3

Sailshabby 26-05-2022 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anima_Alex (Post 3628704)

Boat: Najad 390, fully equipped according to ARC standards (more details can be provided by email)

Cost: US$1800 per person (negotiable according to sailing experience and functions onboard)

The boat left from Bonaire, heading directly to the Azores, but due to poor wind conditions, a stop in the Bermuda was required as two crew members could not continue the voyage due to new timelines, readjusted according to weather conditions.

Alex is an experienced captain, having crossed the Atlantic twice, in addition to more than 20 years of coastal and offshore sailing experience in different types of boats.

Changing slips later this afternoon. Cost is only $1,000. Bring alcohol.

Stmurray62 26-05-2022 08:32

I agree; talk about cheapskates. First, unless you are a licensed captain, it is illegal (at least in the US and some other countries) to charge anyone to be on your boat.

I echoe my colleagues comments: good luck finding anyone competent.

OldManMirage 26-05-2022 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailshabby (Post 3629348)
Changing slips later this afternoon. Cost is only $1,000. Bring alcohol.

Heck, just bring the alcohol and I won't charge a penny !!

SailRN 26-05-2022 09:02

Maybe they meant to post on the joke thread...

Scubaseas 26-05-2022 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anima_Alex (Post 3628704)

Thanks for this post. I'm up to my elbows in sewage hoses today and needed a good laugh. Good luck!

geoff3nebel 26-05-2022 10:25

Are you serious?
Every comment I was intending to write has already been posted above.
Re think and start again