Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   General Classifieds (no boats) (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   Wanted For Free: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f64/wanted-old-sailing-magazines-257629.html)

Fatbob 05-11-2021 23:22

Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Does anyone have some back issues of "Good Old Boat" or "Practical Sailor" magazines that they don't want? I'll pay shipping, of course. I am new to sailing/boat ownership and find both magazines stuffed full of good info.

Thanks,

Drew

Luftmeer 02-12-2021 14:14

Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Drew we have many Practical Sailors probably dating back at least to 2017. PM your address and I will determine shipping if you are still interested.

Fatbob 02-12-2021 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luftmeer (Post 3530829)
Drew we have many Practical Sailors probably dating back at least to 2017. PM your address and I will determine shipping if you are still interested.

Luftmeer,

Great, thanks!

PM Sent.

Drew

rippledmind 07-12-2021 14:03

HI,
if you join the local library you can borrow those sailing magazines all online free... and keep borrowing them... plus other sailing books etc... did I mention FREE? :whistling:

japawil 07-12-2021 14:17

Both “Good Old Boat” and “Practical Sailor” have archived issues on their websites.

Fatbob 07-12-2021 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by japawil (Post 3533614)
Both “Good Old Boat” and “Practical Sailor” have archived issues on their websites.

Japawil,

Thanks. Yes, I know both have archives online but Good Old Boat charges for back issues and I just prefer reading stuff on paper. When I owned an airplane, I had a decade of old magazines and donated them to a guy just getting into flying and though perhaps someone had old sailing magazines they might not want.

Regards,

Drew

japawil 07-12-2021 17:32

I get it. [emoji106]
If you caught me a couple years ago when I retired and sold my house, I would have happily obliged.
Unfortunately I got rid of stacks of those very same magazines.
It was because the old issues were available online, that I was convinced to let the physical copies go.
Sorry [emoji20]

Fatbob 07-12-2021 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by japawil (Post 3533687)
I get it. [emoji106]
If you caught me a couple years ago when I retired and sold my house, I would have happily obliged.
Unfortunately I got rid of stacks of those very same magazines.
It was because the old issues were available online, that I was convinced to let the physical copies go.
Sorry [emoji20]

I know what you mean.....that is why I got rid of the flying magazines. We were moving and my wife kept insisting I throw out "those stinky old magazines". I gave them to another Mooney pilot and I'm sure he read them cover-to-cover.

SVTatia 08-12-2021 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatbob (Post 3515380)
Does anyone have some back issues of "Good Old Boat" or "Practical Sailor" magazines that they don't want? I'll pay shipping, of course. I am new to sailing/boat ownership and find both magazines stuffed full of good info.

Thanks,

Drew

Do you still want this? I have several years of both and I am just about to send them to the dump. However, shipping will be dear, the stuff is heavy and I'm in Toronto, let me know if you are interested.

Fatbob 08-12-2021 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTatia (Post 3534051)
Do you still want this? I have several years of both and I am just about to send them to the dump. However, shipping will be dear, the stuff is heavy and I'm in Toronto, let me know if you are interested.

Thanks, I'll send you a PM.