Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   NC Sailors (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/nc-sailors-2537.html)

kokopelli 22-10-2005 16:30

NC Sailors

Are there any NC sailors on this board besides me?

Kai Nui 22-10-2005 17:42

What the heck is a "NC Sailor"?
Name Calling?
Non Consentual?
No Cigar?
Or is it a type of vessel?
Maybe a brand name?

rleslie 22-10-2005 18:11

where in NC

We live in Weddington, south of Charlotte, but will sail out of Engelhard (on the Pamlico)

Where are you located?

Roger

Sunspot Baby 23-10-2005 04:56

We are in New Bern (or at least near by). Strygaldwir is also in New Bern right now, but I'm not sure its permanent for them.

We go south for the winter. Have done Bahamas the last two years and will again this year.

Sunspot Baby

Strygaldwir 23-10-2005 06:45

Yes, we are in New Bern, NC. currently. We'll be here until November 1st. We'll move the boat up to Hidden Coast and have it hauled out there. After we complete the haul out, well make our way back down south, Bahamas and Turks and Caicos.

Keith

DanB_NC 07-11-2005 08:00

Right now I am in Charlotte on Lake Norman. We are in the market for a Lagoon 380 and will be putting it on the coast. Where are you in New Bern? Can the marina you are in accomadate a catamaran? Having trouble trying to find a marina. Looking in both NC and SC. Thanks.
Dan

DanB_NC 07-11-2005 08:58

Right now I am in Charlotte on Lake Norman. We are in the market for a Lagoon 380 and will be putting it on the coast. Where are you in New Bern? Can the marina you are in accomadate a catamaran? Having trouble trying to find a marina. Looking in both NC and SC. Thanks.
Dan

rleslie 07-11-2005 10:32

Belhaven or Bath?

Have you considered either Belhaven or Bath. Before we bought a lot, we found several slips available in both towns, although I'm not certain about a cat.

It's also a shorter distance into the sound than from New Bern.
Roger

swanny 08-11-2005 12:00

NC Sailor

Quote:

Kai Nui once whispered in the wind:
What the heck is a "NC Sailor"?
Name Calling?
Non Consentual?
No Cigar?
Or is it a type of vessel?
Maybe a brand name?

Kai,

As a senior cruiser, you should know that 'NC' is an internationally recognized signal for distress ;)

BC Mike 08-11-2005 13:48

NC

Kai Nui, as a Nascar fan everyone should know that NC is where most of the base camps for the teams are.
For the furriners Nascar is the tanks that go roundy round on the big ovals. Charlotte North Carolina and surrounding area is the hot spot. Just like everyone should know that Bruce McLaren was from Te Atatu which is just a bit North of Auckland NZ. And Dennis Hulme was from Te Puke, which is South of Tauranga NZ.
What all those places have in common is sailing areas.
Michael

Immanuel 06-05-2008 15:54

Whortonsville, NC

We're up in Broad creek @ Point Marina. See meets & Greets "hello forum sailors " for our summer sailing plans.

Clif & Peta
s/v Immanuel
10m Catalac

ssullivan 06-05-2008 15:59

Clif! Brother! I am transiting a 10M through your state as we speak. Pamlico Sound was FANTASTIC. Very nice. If I wasn't living in New England, NC would be my top spot in the US to live. Love it here.

Zach 06-05-2008 16:33

I'm in Greensboro, boat is in Beaufort. Hoping to move down on her this summer.

kokopelli 06-05-2008 16:55

hey...I am at Point Marina also! Hope to say hello sometime!

neckyzips 06-05-2008 17:23

I'm in Greensboro, boat is in Deltaville Va....
its nice to know that NC has an international rep. as the home of nascar...