Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Atlantic & the Caribbean (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Need 1 month transient storage in FL(east coast) (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/need-1-month-transient-storage-in-fl-east-coast-25317.html)

phorvati 10-04-2009 09:23

Need 1 month transient storage in FL(east coast)

Hi everyone,

I am gonna try to bring Sundowner back home this summer before next hurricane season. This will be more of delivery trip as I am working in RI.
I am looking at the two-leg delivery first of which is PR to Florida and the FL to RI at a later time.

Can anyone reccomend a transient storage in Florida east coast that has reasonable rates. I am looking to leave the boat there for about a month or so. Draft is of issue I draw 7'6".
For instance FL Lauderdale municipal docks are a bit overpriced for my budget. 1200$/month.
I don't need electric or any other ammenities so even a mooring would suffice.
Miami has municipal marina but they cannot accomodate my draft.

Petar

camaraderie 10-04-2009 09:29

You might try Riviera Beach Muni at the Lake Worth Inlet. Cheaper and I THINK they can handle your draft. Check here:
City of Riviera Beach

phorvati 10-04-2009 09:42

Nice,
thanks Cam,
I think I had dinner there once.
I spent a month in Lake Worth while WOW for the crossing. I feel pretty comfortable with that inlet.

SailtheWind 12-04-2009 14:38

If you were willing to travel a little further North, you could find reasonable transient mooring in Jacksonville. Good depth 30 - 60 feet up the St John's river and safe from huricanes they tend to follow the gulf stream which is 55-65 milles offshore at that time of year.
Try www.oycm.com ; www.sadlerpoint.com ; or downtown the River City Brewing Co Marina

Jentine 12-04-2009 16:28

The trip from Puerto Rico to Jacksonville is approximately 1300 miles and to Rhode Island is roughly 1650. For the difference, I would seriously consider the straight shot to Rhode Island.

phorvati 12-04-2009 20:01

Would love to take the direct route, but after sitting at anchor in the tropics for a year, I think there's just too much work to make it offshore seaworthy again. And I would like to not miss more then 2/3 weeks from home/work for each leg of the trip.
And of course the most important reason, Barcelo rum form the DR.

david henry 14-04-2009 14:35

You may also want to consider Cape Canaveral . Cape Marina in the port would be great. The concern here would be that the Port itself is an evacuation zone. Cape Marina has good storage , reasonable rates , easy access and your draft would represent no problem. Phone number is 321-783-8410. If a evacuation is called they will haul U out 4 big $$$. If you go about 1 KM west down the canal ( see charts ) Harbor Town marina has storage and is out of the evacuation zone. Your draft represents a concern but the bottom is soft !