Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Greetings from Dublin! (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/greetings-from-dublin-240931.html)

DoctorCaptain 06-10-2020 12:50

Greetings from Dublin!

Hello All,

My name is Ian based in Dublin, Ireland. I am just learning to sail with plan to begin a life of remote working and cruising with my partner Nichola. We are in the process of buying our first boat and the daunting task of re-registering under an Irish flag which sounds long-winded.

The site has been a great resource to date, I'm sure you'll see plenty from me over the years as I learn how to fix everything.

See you on the boards and hopefully out on the water sometime soon.

:thumb:

ilCigno 06-10-2020 15:40

Re: Greetings from Dublin!

Welcome Ian, you have great plans.
Greetings back from The Netherlands!

Celestialsailor 06-10-2020 22:23

Welcome Ian from California.

Emmalina 07-10-2020 00:14

Did my ICC in Dublin had a great time. Welcome

ahun 07-10-2020 00:21

Welcome! There are easier and better ways to register a boat in the EU than in Ireland. I know, I tried it and gave up (kind of on principle, if they make it hard I won't fight it...)

DoctorCaptain 07-10-2020 00:55

Hi Everyone,

@Emmalina We are just in the middle of ours, it's been great so far. 30+Kn wind with flat sea :biggrin:

@ahun Yes, after some research I have found this out. I will probably go with one of the islands. I was hoping to have to tricolor fly as I sail the world, I suppose the port spreader will do...

Hanksy 07-10-2020 01:41

I'm out on the bay this week teaching a course. Probably see you out there! Lovelly sailing weather

GordMay 07-10-2020 01:43

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Ian.

Superseapig 07-10-2020 09:29

Hi Ian!
Another newbie here. Been sailing dinghies now for less than 2 weeks and looking toward a beginning keelboat and maybe coastal cruising class while it’s too cold to go wading in the sailing club’s harbor. We’re in Texas, so haven’t got there yet!
Have fun.
Ali

DoctorCaptain 07-10-2020 09:34

Good thing you're in Texas, you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the water here this time of year :biggrin: I'm looking forward to getting over that side of the Atlantic eventually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superseapig (Post 3249262)
Hi Ian!
Another newbie here. Been sailing dinghies now for less than 2 weeks and looking toward a beginning keelboat and maybe coastal cruising class while it’s too cold to go wading in the sailing club’s harbor. We’re in Texas, so haven’t got there yet!
Have fun.
Ali

Nauticus 27-10-2020 18:44

Welcome ��
Hello from Canada, although Ireland is my ancestral home.