Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sailing Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/thoughts-on-hh-skagen-foul-weather-gear-237765.html)

nuru05 30-07-2020 12:35

Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
So it appears that HH just added healthcare workers to their pro program which means the wife and I are getting some nicer foul weather gear. My wife was looking at the Skagen and I'm just wondering

A: what do you guys think of it? and

B: it looks like it might be too hot for the Caribbean what are your thoughts?

DDabs 30-07-2020 12:42

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
I'm biased towards HH gear- my company provides it for all of our staff so I'm spoiled with a nice Crew jacket as well as some offshore gear. The Skagen shouldn't be too hot for the Caribbean- remember when you're really needing the foul weather gear, chances are it's going to be raining and chilly and you'll be thankful its warm.

nuru05 30-07-2020 13:17

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDabs (Post 3197813)
I'm biased towards HH gear- my company provides it for all of our staff so I'm spoiled with a nice Crew jacket as well as some offshore gear. The Skagen shouldn't be too hot for the Caribbean- remember when you're really needing the foul weather gear, chances are it's going to be raining and chilly and you'll be thankful its warm.

Thanks for the reply, since you seem to know their gear a bit which jacket/pant combo would you suggest for me?

Hesti 30-07-2020 13:22

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
Try it on. If it doesn't fit you - it can be as good as it wants to be.

DDabs 30-07-2020 13:38

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
I don't know your budget but you really can't go wrong. Be sure to get a size up- most HH gear runs a little on the small side.

Flagman101 30-07-2020 15:43

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuru05 (Post 3197849)
Thanks for the reply, since you seem to know their gear a bit which jacket/pant combo would you suggest for me?

Skagrn is good. Do go for the bibs, not pants
Bibs are nice to wear when you get splashes and wet seats.
Pants tend to leave space between jacket and belt and water goesnin
.

Ken Z 31-07-2020 08:23

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
When it rains in the islands rain comes from much higher altitudes , most times, and is cold. I think youll be fine, and yes go with bibbs.

seamaiden 31-07-2020 10:22

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
I'm dedicated to Gill. Pricey, for sure, but lasts forever. Also heavy, but i wear it, sail in colder climates, not Caribbean.



Quote:

Originally Posted by nuru05 (Post 3197806)
So it appears that HH just added healthcare workers to their pro program which means the wife and I are getting some nicer foul weather gear. My wife was looking at the Skagen and I'm just wondering

A: what do you guys think of it? and

B: it looks like it might be too hot for the Caribbean what are your thoughts?


CorinthianJohn 02-08-2020 04:40

Re: Thoughts on HH Skagen foul weather gear
 
I have used this suit for a few years.
It's warm and comfortable.
Also easy to work in.

I sail in the UK and it is good for our climate. Not so sure about the Caribbean.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.