Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Dollars & Cents (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f128/)
-   -   Sales data for catamarans (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f128/sales-data-for-catamarans-237333.html)

vasiliy 21-07-2020 20:33

Sales data for catamarans

Hello,
Is there a website or place to gather sales data for catamarans? For houses, for example, there is Zillow.

I am thinking these items will determine the price paid:
1) production year of the cat
2) cat maker/model
3) cat size (may be part of cat maker/model)
4) location/region of sale
5) history of upgrades (though highly doubtful there is structured data showing when and what was replaced/upgraded, so this is likely a case by case basis issue)

#1-4 are likely the easiest to get while #5 may not be available at all.

Are there any other variables that would generally impact the sale/purchase price of a cat?

Thanks!

tomfl 21-07-2020 22:08

Re: Sales data for catamarans

There are some commercial sites that cost around $US400 to join but even those have had questions raised about how accurate they are. NADA and BUCValu have some prices but those are more related to what a bank will loan the the purchase price.

mcarthur 22-07-2020 00:43

I think Wiley Sharp gives a quarterly list of cat sales, at least for NA and Caribbean.

vasiliy 22-07-2020 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcarthur (Post 3191466)
I think Wiley Sharp gives a quarterly list of cat sales, at least for NA and Caribbean.

Thanks, do I need to reach out to him or is it available on his website? I quickly looked but could not find it there.

vasiliy 22-07-2020 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomfl (Post 3191442)
There are some commercial sites that cost around $US400 to join but even those have had questions raised about how accurate they are. NADA and BUCValu have some prices but those are more related to what a bank will loan the the purchase price.

I wish there were a place to pull these data. There will still be lots of variations in price due to different upgrades, but at least having some basic information would help.
I read in another thread that - sometimes or more often than that? - cats go for about 10-20% less than their listing price. So if I look at listing prices, can I imply that the sale price will be about 10-20% less or is that a bad assumption to make?

chris mac 22-07-2020 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasiliy (Post 3191799)
Thanks, do I need to reach out to him or is it available on his website? I quickly looked but could not find it there.

Go on you tube and search his name. He has done a lot of videos breaking down selling costs and locations. Also monthly top 3 cars for sale at different price poinrs