Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Atlantic & the Caribbean (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Surveyors in Martinique (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/surveyors-in-martinique-237130.html)

billos 17-07-2020 14:08

Surveyors in Martinique

Hi,

I'm looking for a surveyor in Martinique for a 40' catamaran. The broker suggested two, but I didn't find any mention of them in this forum, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them that could share.

The names are: Philippe Kerrault and Pierre Corriveaud.

Thank you very much!

barnakiel 17-07-2020 14:51

Re: Surveyors in Martinique

Philippe is a CNEMP expert. Pierre is associated with A&C brokerage.

Unless your broker is A&C, use either.

Both are 100% competent and reliable.

Cheers,
barnakiel

billos 18-07-2020 14:11

Great, thanks barnakiel! Do you have any personal experience with any of them? I would love to get an opinion from anyone who has.

Thanks!

barnakiel 18-07-2020 14:58

I have personal experience with A&C brokers, where I was looking at a Swan boat. They are a 100% trustworthy entity, and one well established in Le Marin. There is at least one other major broker there and possibly some smaller business too.

Philippe I met briefly long time ago, on a private, non-business footing. A delightful person. I would not hesitate to do any business with him.

As A&C main business is at Le Marin, which coincides with vast, hundreds-strong catamaran charter bases, Pierre may/will have extensive experience in surveying cats. He may also know the boat you are looking at from his earlier experience. Many boats come and go on the market many times.

barnakiel

redneckrob 18-07-2020 15:05

I used Bastien Saint-Jours (saintjoursexpertmaritime.com) in 2017 to survey a cat in Martinique that I ended up purchasing and was very happy with both his responsiveness and the survey.
A&C was the broker (Bastien wasn't referred through them and I don't think he has any association with them) for the seller and I was very happy with them as well. There was some extra paperwork required from the seller to deflag the vessel from France so I could flag it in the U.S. and A&C was very helpful in getting that all done mostly remotely, as well as setting up everything for a sea trial when I arrived and coordinating with the yard to get the boat in the water both for the sea trial and when I picked up the boat.

billos 23-07-2020 13:22

Thanks redneckrob! It seems that Bastien moved to France... I reached out but got no response.

redneckrob 23-07-2020 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by billos (Post 3192662)
Thanks redneckrob! It seems that Bastien moved to France... I reached out but got no response.

That's too bad, I guess I'll have to stop recommending him then!

BTW I think they like to say "back to mainland France" in Martinique, they're quite proud that they are France.

nfbr 03-09-2020 00:05

Just used Pierre for a Catamaran. I was impressed with his very detailed knowledge.