Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Liveaboard's Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/)
-   -   Looking for live aboard slip Georgia or above (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/looking-for-live-aboard-slip-georgia-or-above-235077.html)

Builder G. 02-06-2020 10:14

Looking for live aboard slip Georgia or above

I tried to search for postís on this but found no relevant postís. We are looking for a live aboard slip above the 31n. (Florida Georgia line) We are a 45ft cat 26ft wide. We are 75ft tall so icw is out. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. G

SVHarmonie 02-06-2020 12:02

Re: Looking for live aboard slip Georgia or above

Can you be a bit more specific? for the summer season? Transient? over winter? Indefinite? Permanent?

Builder G. 02-06-2020 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVHarmonie (Post 3154496)
Can you be a bit more specific? for the summer season? Transient? over winter? Indefinite? Permanent?

Hello and thanks for the reply. We are looking for 6 months in the water live aboard.

Builder G. 02-06-2020 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVHarmonie (Post 3154496)

Sorry yes for the summer hurricane season
Thanks

SVHarmonie 02-06-2020 15:26

Especially this year with many people having decided to leave their boats on the hard, marinas in the Chesapeake Bay have more than the usual number of open transient slips available.

Most would be happy to have them filled for this season without an ongoing commitment!

AA3JY 02-06-2020 16:19

Brunswick Landing Marina, Brunswick, Ga. has slips available for cats and is a well known hurricane hide hole and accepts live aboards. Easy offshore entrance up the Brunswick River

flyingfin 02-06-2020 16:48

Myrtle Beach SC or Southport NC or Morehead NC

Builder G. 02-06-2020 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AA3JY (Post 3154680)
Brunswick Landing Marina, Brunswick, Ga. has slips available for cats and is a well known hurricane hide hole and accepts live aboards. Easy offshore entrance up the Brunswick River

Hello, aa3jy. I am on the wait list for Brunswick landing at 5 deep. Thanks any other suggestions?

Builder G. 02-06-2020 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingfin (Post 3154697)
Myrtle Beach SC or Southport NC or Morehead NC

Hello flying fin. Do you have any specific marinas that allow live aboard? Thanks

mvmojo 03-06-2020 09:13

Check Olverson's Lodge Creek Marina in Lottsburg, VA. It's on the Yeocomico River on the south side of the Potomac River. It's an older marina pretty much in the middle of nowhere but very friendly to live aboards, nice pool, good Wi-Fi, loaner cars and reasonable slip fees.

AA3JY 03-06-2020 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Builder G. (Post 3154802)
Hello, aa3jy. I am on the wait list for Brunswick landing at 5 deep. Thanks any other suggestions?

Morningstar Marina,St.Simons Island,Ga would be an alternate right off the AICW and Brunswick,Ga.

Sailing August 03-06-2020 09:59

Green Cove Springs - Jacksonville

chriswheat 03-06-2020 17:55

I just found this post (a lot can happen in a couple days on this forum) and would offer the Two Way Fish Camp in Darien Georgia. I believe you can get there without any bridge clearance issues, but time your trip from the Buttermilk Sound so that you're not fighting the 5 knot ebb current up the Altamaha River. They are about 5 miles off the ICW. I was there from March 23 through May 5 of this year due to an injury which prevented me from leaving the greater Brunswick area. I found the people there among the friendliest I've ever met. It's mostly locals in their fishing boats but I saw some empty slips that could accommodate a cat. Several liveaboards there. A boat yard with a travel lift if you need it. Nice restaurant on site. Good rates. Transportation was not a problem. It ain't the Ritz but it was a very positive experience for me living on my Morgan 34 sloop. email me if you are serious and need contact info.

R2boat 03-06-2020 18:59

Might consider Ladyís Island Marina in Beaufort, SC, they are on Factory Creek so you would enter via St Helena Sound to avoid bridges, lift bridge to their south to access fuel if needed

Nani Kai 04-06-2020 08:09

Dozier's Marina in Deltaville, VA. Great place, very reasonable, very supportive community. We were there on our boat "Elani Kai" for 3 months last summer. Contact Jimmy Mackey 804-775-8400.

IAmGroot 04-06-2020 18:20

Check out Shipwright Harbor Marina ∑ 6047 Herring Bay Road ∑ Deale, Md 20751 ∑ USA

Very nice liveaboard marina on the Chesapeake. #1 on my list for next year when last kid graduates and house is sold. Definitely have catamaran slips up to 45' - you will have to ask them if they have any available for your time period.

skipmac 04-06-2020 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailing August (Post 3155279)
Green Cove Springs - Jacksonville

At the moment GCS is only an option for hauling. Most of the pier was condemned and is waiting repair. The seawall is full and has a waiting list. The moorings are really, really iffy and I wouldn't trust my boat on them in any kind of a blow.

Builder G. 05-06-2020 15:50

Thanks I will check them out!

apirate 06-06-2020 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AA3JY (Post 3155278)
Morningstar Marina,St.Simons Island,Ga would be an alternate right off the AICW and Brunswick,Ga.

Weíre currently at Morningstar and itís totally full.

Nahbrown 10-06-2020 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Builder G. (Post 3157020)
Thanks I will check them out!

I got on the Catamaran waitlist for Brunswick Landing in March and they called me in May to offer us a slip starting July 1st.

AA3JY 10-06-2020 04:38

Another alternative is Jekyll Island Marina..but they are in high demand as itís right off the AICW and just south of the Island causeway 65í bridge that maybe a problem with an airdraft that maybe greater...

FYI..BLM has announced recently of a 200 foot long dock and facility to pull out for cats..but probably that wonít be finished until sometime next year..

R2boat 07-09-2020 18:57

Does Ga. allow liveaboards? That was a question in the past...never enforced