Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Hello From Toronto (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/hello-from-toronto-232960.html)

KenSmithPEng 16-04-2020 13:51

Hello From Toronto

Hello CF members,

My wife and I have had a long relationship with sailing and power boating, but it was always "social" as we joined in on crews in Toronto, various harbors in the Great Lakes, across Canada and vacation cruising around the world.

We enjoyed sailing more than power boating and found ourselves "out voted" by crews that were more interested in being there than getting there.

So, we took matters into our own hands last November and finally got our Skipper's papers. What a relief and a new frontier too.

We have plans for several new adventures around the world and are always interested in more.

If you are looking for crew, or a day skipper for a vacation cruise, drop us a line.

We are also interested in passage voyages as we want experience in this area.

Cheers,
Ken

mottseng 16-04-2020 15:04

Re: Hello From Toronto

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenSmithPEng (Post 3118352)
Hello CF members,

My wife and I have had a long relationship with sailing and power boating, but it was always "social" as we joined in on crews in Toronto, various harbors in the Great Lakes, across Canada and vacation cruising around the world.

We enjoyed sailing more than power boating and found ourselves "out voted" by crews that were more interested in being there than getting there.

So, we took matters into our own hands last November and finally got our Skipper's papers. What a relief and a new frontier too.

We have plans for several new adventures around the world and are always interested in more.

If you are looking for crew, or a day skipper for a vacation cruise, drop us a line.

We are also interested in passage voyages as we want experience in this area.

Cheers,
Ken

Welcome aboard

chris mac 16-04-2020 18:36

Welcome, from a fellow Canadian. We are from Alberta, but bought our boat not far from you, in whitby.
The great thing is that there is no correct path. Just what is best for you. Keep sailing , fuel the dream and keep enjoying.

KenSmithPEng 17-04-2020 06:56

Small world. I have family and friends in Calgary and Airdrie as well as Whitby. Are you still based in Alberta but sail in Whitby?

chris mac 17-04-2020 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenSmithPEng (Post 3118878)
Small world. I have family and friends in Calgary and Airdrie as well as Whitby. Are you still based in Alberta but sail in Whitby?

We still have a house in Alberta. Mostly cause nothing is selling right now. We are actually sailing in the Bahamas now. We took the Oswego canal, Erie canal, ice to Florida the across.
We bought in whitby mostly by accident. Just happened to see an ad on kijiji for a model of boat I was interested in.

Vingt-Knots 17-04-2020 12:03

Hi Ken,

Another welcome from Alberta, but wishing I was stuck at my Bonaire place rather than here.

Cheers, & Stay Safe