Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Hello from Vancouver, Washington. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/hello-from-vancouver-washington-232841.html)

FamilyTime2020 13-04-2020 20:20

Hello from Vancouver, Washington.

Hello from Washington.
Not really sure how to start out so I will start out with our names and the boats we have acquired over the past 7 years.
I am Holly (35) have been sailing about 7.5 years
My partner is Eric (41) sailing about 20 years on and off.
Our daughter the youngest of 3 (she's the only p e who still lives at home) her name is Aubree and is 9.5.

We bought our first boat (chief) about 8 years ago and has been the best thing for myself (Holly) to learn on.
2.5 weeks ago we acquired a 27 Balboa which needed a complete redo (we have taken everything out of it and cleaned what we can. Ordered the hull liner and waiting for it to be delivered soon.
Last week we found the deal of a lifetime and acquired a 29 foot Bayfield that was just too good to pass up.
Our S/V is currently in Seattle.
Hoping to get out with in the next week or 2.
Nice to meet you!

newhaul 13-04-2020 20:21

Re: Hello from Vancouver, Washington.

Welcome aboard

GordMay 14-04-2020 03:22

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Holly, Eric, & Aubree.

doncarrick 14-04-2020 19:18

Welcome!!!

capn ken 14-04-2020 19:21

Welcome

Sailing Sangha 14-04-2020 19:43

Greetings neighbor! I have my sv in Newport Oregon after sailing her down the coast. I hope you can get yours up and out soon, been some good sailing along the coast recently!

Look forward to seeing you out there!

evm1024 14-04-2020 19:56

Welcome from another Vancouverite. Think about RCYC when you get around to mooring on the Columbia. Family oriented, DIY club.

LoudMusic 14-04-2020 20:11

My favorite thing when living in Vancouver was telling people, "Vancouver no BC, Washington not DC".

We sailed our Hunter 20 on the three reservoirs and the Columbia River. Good times up there - I miss it a lot.

GordMay 15-04-2020 01:27

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, DonC.

pdxsailordiver 15-04-2020 10:07

Welcome aboard!
I live in Portland (the Oregon one).
Boat lives in Olympia.

CaverCop 15-04-2020 16:13

Hello,

My family and I also cruise the Columbia albeit 200 miles upriver cruising generally between the navigable extreme north of Richland down so far to the Mc'Nary Dam on our Catalina 36. I have a great stretch of river once down river from Wallula as the river runs wide and deep with the dependable winds that run through the gorge almost constantly. Welcome aboard as they say here and I hope you have a great time refurbishing your new boat.