Sailboat newbie owner has battery questions
I'm a newbie hunter 33 owner(2008 version). Get some questions about batteries. I have one starting battery and 3 house batteries, with solar panel.
1. which position should I put the switch when I leave the boat for couple days? starting only/ starting+house / house only / off
2.which position should I put the switch when I'm on board with shore power connected? starting only/ starting+house / house only / off
3. when I put switch on house batt only with shore power connected, I found light steaming, is it because I'm using the battery but also charging it at same time?
Really needs some basic explaination about battery using. Thank you all!
Re: Sailboat newbie owner has battery questions
As to the rest:
1. Switch should be off unless you are running anything, e.g., refrigeration.
2. Depends on how charger is wired in - if direct to batteries, the switch position is irrelevant.
3. “Steaming” indicates you are cooking the battery thereby destroying it which indicates a bad battery or improper charge rate or both.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:43.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.