Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Boats For Sale and Wanted (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f152/)
-   -   Want To Buy: Looking for owner finance please (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f152/looking-for-owner-finance-please-209829.html)

heron237 17-11-2018 20:41

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
see even you brought religiosity into it.....

thruska 17-11-2018 20:44

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Yeah tight , but just say f**** once !

The word upsets ye more than the deed!

sailjumanji 17-11-2018 21:12

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Trey...

Have you talked to the office at Island Moorings Marina about the big monohull that came ashore next to their boat ramp during Harvey. Would have to be launched, and needs sails, but they might be willing to somehow finance. As they are rebuilding the marina and nearing completion, they might want to get it out of there. Don't know anymore than that.

Souzag818 17-11-2018 22:15

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by heron237 (Post 2763698)
see even you brought religiosity into it.....


I was being sarcastic....Christ...:trash:

Treyolsen 27-11-2018 16:19

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allied39 (Post 2757357)
There once was a man from port aransas
Who longed for the flap of canvas,
In hope of a boat he wrote a post,
Of being a poet he did boast,
But I am not sure of his chances

I am a poet and did'nt even know it.

Best of luck.

There are many styles of poetry. I however do not call myself a "poet" but I do write some poems. I am "sorry" I ever posted my dream of finding a decent boat that somebody may be willing to finance, on this site. I will one day come across the right person/boat without sharing "my" dream some people seem to find pathetic. Have a Great day and fair winds to all.

john61ct 02-12-2018 19:18

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptards (Post 2759751)
To the OP, Thanks for starting this thread and keep trying someone somewhere has the deal for you.

Take away the good, ignore the OT idjits they're just fooling around

David56 14-12-2018 02:44

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Remember friend, a man is only happy twice.
Once when he buys his boat.
And once when he sells it.

Take all the romance and emotion out of it and then re think what it is you want to get out of this. :thumb:

zoran123 14-12-2018 05:22

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Treyolsen (Post 2770422)
There are many styles of poetry. I however do not call myself a "poet" but I do write some poems. I am "sorry" I ever posted my dream of finding a decent boat that somebody may be willing to finance, on this site. I will one day come across the right person/boat without sharing "my" dream some people seem to find pathetic. Have a Great day and fair winds to all.

Stop crying and just go to a bank for a personal loan.
If they won't touch you then only a fool will give you vendor finance without at least 30 to 50 % deposit

PortClydeMe 14-12-2018 05:24

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David56 (Post 2781029)
Remember friend, a man is only happy twice.
Once when he buys his boat.
And once when he sells it.

As with all things in life on Earth, that can be true. Not always, but sometimes.
When the topic of the day touches upon personal finances, it is often considered best to let others pay. These days, there's no need to buy a yacht. Instead, open a patronage account and let others pay for the boat while you enjoy the sun and surf.

Treyolsen 15-12-2018 10:48

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David56 (Post 2781029)
Remember friend, a man is only happy twice.
Once when he buys his boat.
And once when he sells it.

Take all the romance and emotion out of it and then re think what it is you want to get out of this. :thumb:

David56, I dont know your life but i sure am glad thats not true for me. I am quite happy every day! I am sorry youve only been happy twice, i will Pray for you

sailjumanji 15-12-2018 11:29

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sailjumanji (Post 2763711)
Trey...

Have you talked to the office at Island Moorings Marina about the big monohull that came ashore next to their boat ramp during Harvey. Would have to be launched, and needs sails, but they might be willing to somehow finance. As they are rebuilding the marina and nearing completion, they might want to get it out of there. Don't know anymore than that.

Treyolson, did you check into this?

Cadence 15-12-2018 11:34

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
I think what some consider an adage, about being happy when buying and then selling is applicable to those that should never have bought.

JC Reefer 17-12-2018 22:06

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Hang in there tiger.

Captain Graham 17-09-2020 16:24

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
I have always wondered why people would think a owner would take the risk of owner financing.

Banks are in the business of making money by making loans.
If a bank will not lend you the money for a boat, car etc. most likely it is because it is high risk.
So why would someone not in the business make a loan to someone a Bank would not loan money to.

We have all heard about these kind of deals going bad for both parties.

If you can make a $300 a month payment then you can save $300 a month or $3,600 per year. After a 3 years you will have enough to buy a boat.

thruska 18-09-2020 09:32

Re: Looking for owner finance please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Graham (Post 3235285)
I have always wondered why people would think a owner would take the risk of owner financing.

Banks are in the business of making money by making loans.
If a bank will not lend you the money for a boat, car etc. most likely it is because it is high risk.
So why would someone not in the business make a loan to someone a Bank would not loan money to.

We have all heard about these kind of deals going bad for both parties.

If you can make a $300 a month payment then you can save $300 a month or $3,600 per year. After a 3 years you will have enough to buy a boat.

That may work in your world , but not in everybody elses.
Im fed up with banks and their ridiculous fees and piddly interest rates unless you have millions.
Double standards for the s l a v e laborer paying taxes.
An agreement with buyer and owner can besimiler to a land contract.
We got a free boat , but did not get paperwork until we proved that we got her i the water and seaworthy. Then cushions and sails and solar stuff showed up .
Ya think the bank will work a deal like that ?
Not at all likely 💩

But of course you do have a right to your opinion.
The OP is a friend, and he got a very nice free boat recently.
Thats of course where the free ended 😆


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.