Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   New members from New Zealand (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/new-members-from-new-zealand-208429.html)

Elaine and Tony 05-10-2018 12:57

New members from New Zealand

Hi guys
Elaine and I have been following your forum for a while. After about a years frustration on purchasing a catamaran (Lagoon) we are about to settle on our pre retirement dream. We are from Bay of Islands with our own mooring at home and intend to increase our skills at this stage in our home cruising grounds. We have sailed small boats since 1996 but nothing for the last 15 years so it will be an interesting time. We have bought a Manta 42 which we take ownership of in early November and then sail it home to start our adventure.

Elaine is mid 50's and I am 62.

We appreciate the sharing of forums like these and hope to also contribute if we can do so.

Cheers - Elaine and Tony

Jim Cate 05-10-2018 16:42

Re: New members from New Zealand

Welcome aboard CF. I wish you the joy of your new boat, and many happy miles. I remember well our three seasons in NZ, and know that you have a great location to learn the ways of your new vessel.

Don't forget to let us know how you go, and do post any queries that come up.

Enjoy!

Jim

belizesailor 06-10-2018 03:06

Welcome aboard!

My wife is now in NZ (Blenheim) and I just landed in Nepal, but will be back in NZ in a few weeks.

Manta 42 is a good choice for a cruising couple. Where are you taking posession of it?

GordMay 06-10-2018 04:00

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Elaine & Tony.

Elaine and Tony 06-10-2018 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by belizesailor (Post 2735881)

Manta 42 is a good choice for a cruising couple. Where are you taking posession of it?

Thanks very much. The boat is currently local, only south of Whangarei so maybe not even an overnight trip to our home.

Blenheim is beautiful, would love to do the sounds at some stage

cheers

Don C L 06-10-2018 20:55

Welcome aboard Elaine and Tony!

Dan GB 06-10-2018 21:08

Welcome aboard!

belizesailor 07-10-2018 18:59

Yes, looks to be a nice place. Ive not been there yet. My wife took a housesitting gig there while Im off on a trek in Nepal. I head to NZ in a few weeks and we will be there till late November...maybe a bit longer.

Savanna 09-10-2018 21:40

Hi Elaine and Tony - welcome to CF. Helen and I (both late 60s) will be sailing our Lagoon 440 around the Hauraki Gulf and the Bay of Islands (and all points in between) for about three months from early January. If you see us please feel free to make contact to spin a few yarns. We have sailed catamarans for about 8 years now and are happy to share our experiences. Our cat is Panthera - ZMW 8388. Ben

Elaine and Tony 09-10-2018 22:58

Thanks very much and we will certainly look out for you. Our first season will likely be within the Bay of Islands area and not much further. We live and moor in Kerikeri close to the stone store area if you are in need of a land base at any stage. cheers

yassine 10-10-2018 01:08

welcom aboard Elaine
i'm new here like you

fxykty 11-10-2018 01:31

Welcome guys. We’re in the Hauraki Gulf and don’t generally don’t go north of the Mokohinaus, but if you see our white boat with red stripe and UK Red Ensign do come by and say hello.

The Manta 42 is a great boat and you’re going to love her. If we make it up to the BOI we’ll keep an eye out for you.